Ever seen this? (Paypal / Ebay weirdness)

Soldato
Like most people on here I've sold quite a lot of stuff on Ebay over the years, so I'm used to the normal Paypal payment holds and 21 days freezes and all that normal bs, however last night a guy won an auction for £1300s worth of stuff, he paid - but Paypal say the payment is pending due to potential risk, and I'm not to send the item until they've reviewed it

Inside Ebay, the "£" Icon for payment received has been replaced with an egg timer .. which is weird and I've not seen it before;

xA4jDrb.jpg

Anyone had that before? is it dodgy? (obviously I'm not sending a damn thing until it clears)

Soldato
Might just be unusual activity on the buyers/your side. I had this when I sold an expensive watch (Omega), was out of character for my account and the buyer's. All went off OK in the end, but I did meet the buyer and took cash in the end as it was taking ages for PP to resolve

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I mean I've sold some stuff recently, the only problem I've had is non-paying bidders, so I've had to file a non-payment dispute (which I won) aside from that, I'm 100% with no problems at all,

It's just a weird thing I've not seen before, and there doesn't seem to be that many examples of it happening, I'd hate to have to relist the damn thing again, Ebay is such a waste of time.

Caporegime
I had this on an item I sold last year. Was a bit concerned and emailed the buyer to let him know and a week later Ebay said it was then okay to send and put the money in my account.

Soldato
Yep don't send the item until it's cleared by paypal. You could try phoning them to check up what it's about.
Yep will I do think

Just called PP and they said it will clear into my bank account by 8pm tonight, didn't understand what the delay was but as long as its cleared in my account I'm happy to ship the laptop...

Cheers Creative :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom