Everton and zero money - Updated 17/11/23

Soldato
As for the cost of Everton, I think you guys need to realise how MASSIVELY profitable being in the premier league is, debt or not 150mil is cheap for a premier league club. Just because other clubs have been either desperate to sell or in deeper trouble doesn't devalue what Everton can be worth with a bit of investment.
I think you mean potentially profitable, and even then that's a dubious statement with only 4 teams out of 20 making a profit in 09/10 :p (Wolves, Arsenal, Birmingham and WBA for what it's worth, the latter two barely qualifying as breaking even and even then somewhat mitigated by owners putting money in)

Soldato
Interesting thread, really feel for Everton fans, it must be frustrating being so close to the top few teams around for so long, only needed some money spending 2 or 3 years ago and they'd probably be in with Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea etc now

Soldato
you can't trust anyone on the board when it comes to money and having some to spend. the bank controls us now. simple as that. every star player we sell the bank says thanks for the debt payment.

i know many doubt moyes, but without his majic for the last 10 yrs we'd be playing championship or lower football by now.

Caporegime
Caporegime
General thoughts are that he's asking too much for the club. It's been strongly rumoured that before Christmas Jain group offered £72m for the club and then add £40m to remove at the debts, which would make it ~£112m.

Everton shares usually change hands for between £1250 to £1500, pricing the club at £72m means it would be just over £2k a share. So some one on the board either Kenwright, Woods or Earl wants a return on their 'investment' even though neither Woods or Earl have done anything at all for the club to deserve a penny more than what they paid for their shares.

Pretty much the general consensus is that Kenwright is asking for £150m.

Soldato
yes, he wants a higher amount, apparently £150 figure but investers see it worth a lot less especially as a new stadium is needed.

hopefully he'll just sell soon. if he loves the club and as he said once, 'i'd give it away if it meant investment and the club moving forward'; yer right!

Caporegime
**** is gonna get real!

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertoninteractive/where-the-money-goes

Not only has he said we've net spent £35m on players... where the **** has he got that from... he also hasn't included the fees we got for Pienaar, Yobo, Yakubu, Beckford, Vaughan, or the wages saved from all them and Arteta.

I wonder what Moyes is thinking... he says the Arteta money went straight to the bank and he hasn't got any to spend... yet the CEO says it's gone else where and there's around £5m left. And not to mention the £35m net spend on players that Moyes must really be scratching his head at! :D

And also Johnson, Lescott, Jags & Baines were not internationals when we bought them. He also doesn't say how much money was wasted on Kirkby rubbish.

And I'm not going to get into him saying people are 'sabotaging' the club by not going to matches or buying merchandise. Cheeky ****, if people don't want to go and watch the drivel they serve up on a Saturday afternoon it's up to them! I was thinking about getting a half season ticket, but after our performances against QPR, Villa, Blackburn at the start of the season I quickly changed my mind! Don't big yourselfs up too much Elstone, you're not as great as you think you ******!

This seems to be in response to Prentice's article in the Echo which has pretty much dammed the club - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...o-really-deserve-an-apology-100252-30113321/?

Nothing 'clued' in Evertonians didn't already know... but for people who are not sure what's going on and why there's the Blue Union etc this is a pretty one sided blow to the club.

Soldato
i liked the 3 times transfer outgoings for koldrop and the others and 3 times money coming in.

it stinks but i fully expect another big departure this transfer window to balance the books. what annoys me still is the inability to sell the club. well, if it wasn't for bill wanting £150 mil for it- allegidly.

moyes next to go. he must be pig sick of it or he's going along with it.

another thing, and it gets my goat and happens at all clubs, is the bloody contract renewals when a player has 3 yrs left. dont renew. christ sake. it would save millions.

Soldato
OP
made a few quid selling bily, but I still dont think a decent striker will arrive in Jan.. should have kept beckford and ditched saha who is worth about £1

Soldato
just seems incredible that reading can get what appears to be a decent investment, yet everton still struggle, sympathies to the everton fans :(.

and if the prices are about right, making a loss selling bily'nov, its like there trying there best to lose money any way they can :confused:

Last edited:
Caporegime
just seems incredible that reading can get what appears to be a decent investment, yet everton still struggle, sympathies to the everton fans :(.

and if the prices are about right, making a loss selling bily'nov, its like there trying there best to lose money any way they can :confused:

Don't even go there!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/e/everton/4072101.stm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...s-blame-fault-deal-s-failure-100252-30201976/

Samuelson says Kenwright knows why the deal didn't go through and that it wasn't because the interested party, Boris Zingarevich didn't actually have the money.

I think it was at the last AGM a fan questioned Samuelson about his apparent support of Everton and asked him who scored the winning goal in the '66 FA Cup final, he said he didn't know and that didn't look too good on him apparently.

Obviously the club haven't said anything about what Samuelson said last month, so it seems either the club didn't trust Boris Zingarevich or Kenwright did something to scare them away. And of course because of what happened Samuelson doesn't seem to have gone back to Kenwright this time with Anton Zingarevich for what ever reason. Probably because Kenwright want's too much or the club isn't really for sale at all.

*sigh*

Caporegime
Don't get me wrong, but why does a possible owner of a club not knowing who scored a goal 40 a negative thing?

Owners and investors are completely capable of not supporting a club (in terms of being a fan) but can be perfectly good business men and still have a very positive effect on the management of a club? No?

Ps. I also think it's a bit 'mental' that Reading and so many other clubs can get such investment ~easily, while Everton struggle.

Soldato
the guy is obviously a idiot to think that. i support everton and i don;t know who scored in the 66 cup final.

glad we done some good deals in jan. saha going was a wise move as he's past it. that siad, he'll suddenly become prolific at spurs eek!

Associate
Don't get me wrong, but why does a possible owner of a club not knowing who scored a goal 40 a negative thing?

Owners and investors are completely capable of not supporting a club (in terms of being a fan) but can be perfectly good business men and still have a very positive effect on the management of a club? No?

Ps. I also think it's a bit 'mental' that Reading and so many other clubs can get such investment ~easily, while Everton struggle.

Probably because Madejski has demonstrated quite clearly over many years that he just wants what is best for the club. Reading have been "for sale" since the mid 90's, pretty much since the new stadium was built and Madejski felt he couldn't invest any more in the club and local area. I would also imagine, at least from a financial position, that Reading are probably in a pretty good position from an outside investment view. People often forget around here just how much Madejski has done for the local area.

New stadium with planning permission already granted to go up to somewhere around 40,000 seats.
Sound financial position. Reading have been financing themselves for years, no real debts as far as I am aware.
Relatively high profile club thanks to the brief flirtation with the Prem.
Squad capable of promotion even before outside investment came in.

There is also the strangely untapped potential fan base in and around Reading. Theres no other "big" club in this part of the country. Closest outside of london is Portsmouth/Southampton, and other than them there really is nothing.

Back
Top Bottom