Everyone is a car reviewer these days....

Man of Honour
There seems to be a plethora of people making car videos these days, all seemingly following the same tried and tested (read boring as ****) formula. I hadn't really realised until I searched a for a specific car today and found what seemed like 100's of videos for said car, all from the latest YouTube 'influencer' most of which made my hair itch after 30 seconds.

Cheese to camera
Drone shot
Walk around
Focus on small details
Drive
Talk nonsense
Show you cup holders
Drone shot
Add another YouTuber for added follows
Sum up best car ever so you get offered another
Cheese
Ask for followers

Bored of it now. Think Housey does cars might be needed....NONE of the above included.

Discuss (not the Housey does cars)

Soldato
yeah i feel the same, i think that's why channels like Regularcarreviews are so popular, he's like the anti youtuber reviewer.

i kind of want someone like old top gear to give me the facts with no un-needed or wanted pazaz when i actually want to look something up

Man of Honour
OP
To be fair their are some good reviewers out there doing good work, but my thread was predicated on the fact I had to glance at so much dross to find quality content as the bling/influencer/rich kid with white teeth crap seems to be elevated to the top.

Soldato
There's a lot of channels which seem to be less interested in cars, and more interested in "lifestyle". I tend to stick to just a few channels...Harry's Garage is brilliant, Carfection is pretty good depending on the presenter (Henry Catchpole = awesome, Alex Goy = okay, Drew Stearne = annoying imo), Mighty Car Mods is good for spannering and a bit of humour. Evo used to be good but lately all their videos just seem to be short track battles and drag races...dull and boring. Much prefer road tests. I really miss Chris Harris on Cars, his channel was excellent but of course all his content is now on the TopGear channel and not as good, I don't think.

I occasionally watch JayEmm on Cars, as it's primarily road testing...but something about his delivery is a bit off putting, he has an odd inflection to his voice which is a bit irritating sometimes.

Schmee, SoL, Seen Through Glass all come across as the aforementioned lifestyle "look at me!" types, so I avoid those personally.

Soldato
What annoys me about these so called car reviewers is the majority of them basically ragging around public roads hitting ridiculous speeds like it’s a Top Gear test track which is incredibly dangerous given most of them have no driving talent. Most of them should be banned for dangerous driving.
The funniest one I’ve seen is some little chav girl called Fez ST or something that has a big following and her own calendar :eek: because she “reviews” hot hatches which basically means speeding around flicking her hair about and has no clue what she’s talking about yet because she is a girl she has a ton of followers.

Back
Top Bottom