Everyone is a car reviewer these days....

Soldato
People like Catchpole and Harry Metcalfe are seasoned journalists with huge experience. Their stuff is excellent and not even comparable to likes of SOL, Shmee and that bell end who's dad owns a hire car company.

Soldato
Sgarrista
Commissario
Can’t stand most of the reviewers. Don’t get me started on the likes of Shmee...
lol Cannot stand this guy. Same goes for Seeingthroughglass... or whatever he calls himself Oh and that MRJWW guy.

A lot of the ballers out there absolutely hate the guy because he literally chases them down in the street while they are trying to go about their business. One guy in a LaFerrari was telling us he did 3 laps around a block trying to avoid parking up because he was chasing him around, eventually went home rather than deal with the idiot.

Soldato
Hoovie, VINwiki & Tavarish for me. All serious about cars with varying degrees of competency.

I used to watch Tavarish but his constant " i fixed for cheap" " i bought the cheapest" were just boring and annoying so have stopped.

Generally i watch Mighty Car Mods, CarFection as they do some lovely 4k videos, Car throttle, and Carwow for the odd review.

Can't stand Schmee, Seen through glass just got boring.

Permabanned
I love Alex on Autos, although the cars he reviews are mainly US models.
Boy, can he talk cars, all off the cuff, not reading off cue cards, and does it it all to camera while driving down
a Californian highway.

He's got a thing re categories, segments and comparisons, my fave category being " sub compact luxury crossover "
Whatever that is.

He is genuinely bamboozled when a new car comes along that hasn't got a direct competitor, or worse, he can't
find a car category to put it in, so he makes one up, e.g. a " mid-size hybrid SUV "

Caporegime
If you rate shmee you dont have an opinion worth listening to :D:D

^

Spot on.

Schmee is an irritating, whiny prat. If you took his bank of mum&dad away and made him start off like all the smaller channels did then he'd fall off the face of the earth tomorrow.

"HI GUYS, THIS IS A SUPERCAR. IT IS MADE BY LAMBORGHINI. IT HAS AN ENGINE. LOOK AT THE PRETTY COLOURS".

Just. ****. Off.

Soldato
There seems to be a plethora of people making car videos these days, all seemingly following the same tried and tested (read boring as ****) formula. I hadn't really realised until I searched a for a specific car today and found what seemed like 100's of videos for said car, all from the latest YouTube 'influencer' most of which made my hair itch after 30 seconds.

Cheese to camera
Drone shot
Walk around
Focus on small details
Drive
Talk nonsense
Show you cup holders
Drone shot
Add another YouTuber for added follows
Sum up best car ever so you get offered another
Cheese
Ask for followers

Bored of it now. Think Housey does cars might be needed....NONE of the above included.

Discuss (not the Housey does cars)

Do it, if you don't mind putting your face on camera then you've got nothing to lose.

Also I'll admit it I watch TGE TV

Soldato
Do it, if you don't mind putting your face on camera then you've got nothing to lose.

Also I'll admit it I watch TGE TV

Never heard of TGE, so I looked it up. Could immediately tell it wasn't going to be my cup of tea because WE GIVE ALL OUR VIDEOS UPPERCASE TITLES....WITH TOO MUCH PUNCTUATION!??! First video on their homepage is a 13-minute one where they make a big deal about driving a P1 to a drive-thru. Seriously?

Also, does anyone else find this annoying....channels where nearly every single video thumbnail includes an overlay of the reviewers face making some stupid expression. See: Donut Media.

Soldato
car throttle
Mightycarmods
carwow
petrolicious
chris fix
dannydc
divine
engineering explained
gingium
hagerty
harry's garage
jay leno
living life fast

pretty much the only channels I watch but I like modified cars so most of them float my boat.

Back
Top Bottom