Everyone is a car reviewer these days....

Caporegime
Harrys Garage is probably one of the best no BS YouTube channels, i mean the guy did a video on his latest tractor and combine ffs, legend.

The reason he is great is because he is a qualified journalist and has a C.V the length of your arm. Watch one of Harry's videos then some trash like living life fast and you get the picture. The only negative is Harry does it as a hobby so the content doesn't come out all the time. The other people it is their job so are constantly working on content but I am a firm believer of quality over quantity.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Yep they are cropping it everywhere, as I've said before I always watch to learn about the car they are reviewing, testing, talking about whatever, that is always the priority so even if the reviewer is a lemon I can look past that.

However the guys videos I really enjoy are:
- Harry's Videos, probably the overall best for reasons as outlined
- Motortrend
- Chris Harris on cars, now gone
- ONE TAKE with Matt Fareh (The Smoking Tyre)
- EVO
- Autocar
- Vehicle Villians (so far he has only done E92 M3 & GT4), but his videos are more about the car and he can drive, rather than about his own lifestyle.
- AutoTopNL, best POV videos
- 4 Smoking tailpipes
- Carwow

There is a lot of good reviewers, but of course most of the above are more professional reviewers, aka journalist, the actual youtube crowd are hit and miss, I don't mind LLF but I also think that is a big accident waiting to happen or a jail sentence for him as he is clearly on camera do speeds well beyond 100mph at times, which in itself is not a major issue if conditions allow, but I am not sure thats always the case.

But agreed with others here, Schmee is a perfect example he does not really review the cars, he just drives around in them, but saying that some of his videos go into great detail and are quite good, whereas others seem less so. There are a lot who just seem to video themselves driving, press the throttle a couple of times, do some giggling and then proceed to do that ten times over and thats the video.

In a way the more car review content the better, I can never seem to get enough and watch more youtube than I do television, but I'd rather the good ones were doing more, but I guess for people like Harry, he has clearly made his millions and as such its a hobby, not a job, what he does is really for our viewing pleasure, not because he needs to do it to earn a living, so big kudos to the guy for that.

Back
Top Bottom