Everyone's favourite...spec me a tyre thread

Man of Honour
Evening,

My tyres when measured last at my brake service, were at 4 at the rears, and no higher than 4.5 at the fronts, and that was beginning of last month so probably a bit under 4 now on the rears. So basically what l'm getting at is I need to start thinking about tyres as I never like going below 3mm and will replace all round even if the fronts will still be a bit above 4 (OCD can be an expensive ailment)

So currently I'm on Continental Premium Contact 2's and I must admit they've been fantastic. Done coming up to 24k miles, and have always kept their grip in any weather (well, snow...)when I've probably gone into a corner a little too fast or gone for a hoon on some of the decent country roads round here. I've looked on the usual, e-tyres, camskill and event tyres and it seems to suggest that Premium Contact 2's are still the newest I can get, even though I thought they're up to 5 now? I'm leaning towards going for the same again, but if there is a better option out there in terms of wear and grip then I'll go for those, budget wise I'm not fussy, don't mind spending money on the things keeping me on the road. I'm not really too bothered about the best grip for cornering as its mainly used for commuting so wear/noise/ride are the more important things to me, but grip is always a bonus as I do like a nice random drive at the weekend

Tyre size is 205/55/16, and will be going on a BMW 120d

Cheers as always

Man of Honour
OP
Ok :) sounds daft but what happened to 3 and 4? lol

Nothing really that you'd recommend apart from those? I know you like your Goodyear tyres but I'm guessing there more geared towards performance handling

Back
Top Bottom