Everything little thing that's wrong with your car.

Soldato
Though it does annoy me highly when refuelling, but I forget about near enough every other time. I asked the dealer for the rubber string bit for my filler cap, not available seperately and only comes with a new filler cap. At a cost of £20.

Not sure if I want to buy it, I'll feel like a pleb buying a filler cap just for a piece of rubber, but at the same time it'll ease my annoyance with it when I come to fuel up in future :)

Soldato
My 96 Nissan almera has the following:

After market xd player won't eat CDs- the rollers always push out even when there is no cd in. Sometimes solved by putting CD in without the key in ignition

Tachometer doesn't work- will stay at a random number. Gradually increase. Gradually decrease, flick around suddenly to 8k or 0k. Occasionally mirrors what the engine is actually doing.

Dashboard rattles- a common almera thing. A bit annoying but seems to stop about 10 minutes into my journey.

That's about it. Not bad for a 17 year old car!

Soldato
97 MR2 UK N/A - 98K

• Tiny minor T-Bar leak, easily fixed if I could be bothered. Temp fixed it in the winter with clingfilm!
  • Both Windows / Doors need adjusting, get a bit of window noise from both esp at higher speeds
  • Audio isn't fantastic (but on the cards to be fixed)
  • It isn't a Turbo :p
  • The ever impending doom of rust :(
  • Wheels need a refurb
  • Paintwork is showing its age
  • Pads & Disks need changing (Whenever yodel deliver my disks, waited 2 weeks now :()

Soldato
AC stuck ON (great in this weather, not good for MPG)
Rear washer not working
No screenwash left
Annoying bumper scratch
Creaky leather seat
Fog light bulb blown

Other than that the car is great for a 52 plate Mondeo 1.8

I can now add leaking coolant expansion tank to that list. Must have got so super hot today on the motorways that it's cracked it

:(

Soldato
I have a faint sound starting from my left rear wheel bearing, I know it's the left one as I replaced the right rear one at the start of the year, give it another 6 months it'll probably be making quite a noise, right now it's still a faint whir. Apparently the Volvo V50 has an unhealthy appetite for bearings, which I can attest to as I have replaced 2 of the 4 in the two years I have owned the car (I did the front right too a few months back).

I don't think I will keep the car long enough to need to replace the next one (I'm looking at cars online every day now, soon it'll be test drives and then I shall have something else). Aside from that, there is nothing wrong with my car, all my tyres are fine, breaks are fine (they've never been brilliant tbh, but that's the way they are anyway) everything works as it should ...the climate control can make you uncomfortably cold when set at 18c in this hot weather.

Soldato
Though it does annoy me highly when refuelling, but I forget about near enough every other time. I asked the dealer for the rubber string bit for my filler cap, not available seperately and only comes with a new filler cap. At a cost of £20.

Not sure if I want to buy it, I'll feel like a pleb buying a filler cap just for a piece of rubber, but at the same time it'll ease my annoyance with it when I come to fuel up in future :)

Not sure if yours is the same but I have a small holder on the inside of the fuel flap that you can push the narrow end of your fuel cap into? Kind of makes the rubber hanger redundant which is why I'll probably never bother replacing mine.

Soldato
Not sure if yours is the same but I have a small holder on the inside of the fuel flap that you can push the narrow end of your fuel cap into? Kind of makes the rubber hanger redundant which is why I'll probably never bother replacing mine.

I've got that too :) It's just the rubber strap being broken that's annoying more than anything else - must be my OCD :D

Soldato
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 - 143,000 on the clock (first ~50k of that in KM, rest is miles)

• Front towing eye cover on bottom of bumper missing
  • Silver door handle on driver's side (only colour I could get when some scrote tried to jam a screwdriver in the lock)
  • Scratches around/below above door handle
  • Area of paint just below swage line on rear passenger side door which has been spot-repaired, visible in certain lights at certain angles
  • Dent on bonnet, acquired outside ex's house by neighbours
  • Exhaust surround on rear bumper melted due to exhaust moving sideways on rubbers on track day
  • Front brake pads rattle over bumps because the backing plates are ever so slightly too small (better than being too big - at least they won't bind up)
  • Front brake pads (Carbotech XP-8) produce too much dust, so front wheels are always dirty
  • Rear spoiler extension not painted
  • Rear window not tinted from factory, whereas rear side windows are (seriously, original owner - why!?)
  • Flippy-up divider thingy in cup holder is sticky
  • AC evaporator needs replacing as it's leaking (have had a new one sitting around for 2 years...)
  • Gearbox mount has collapsed (have had a full set of polybushed engine/gearbox mounts sitting around for 4 months)
  • Full cambelt service is overdue by about 3k miles

Most of those that can be resolved, I can resolve by spending a weekend on it - but that'll mean a weekend not doing my Anglia, and I'd rather get the Anglia done!

Last edited:
Soldato
Where do I start! '94 Starlet GT Turbo

- Chucking a little bit of oil out of where I should have a breather on the rocker cover. Catch can setup on the way soon hopefully
- Slow oil leak from the crank seal area I think. Very, very slow though, barely noticeable
- 'Loose' feeling handling when going hard into some corners, probably needs a re-bush on the front end.
- Previous owner thought he could respray a car by his tod just because he was a paint chip repair guy :o Nice colour like (Ford Panther black iirc - blue flakes in the sun), just a shame about the paint runs, flat paint, orange peel, masking marks.
- Toyota badge needed for rear bootlid
- Water gathering in the spare wheel well from... somewhere. Investigated in the past with a water hose, but nothing, yet I can find a pool of water randomly other days.
- Rear tints have faded to completly clear, and they've gone milky and brittle. Not sure if they were factory tints or something done by the previous owner.
- Need to get my alarm installer to move the sounder so I can fit a front strutbrace.
- Sunroof plastics rattle due to broken clips. Not looking forward to trying to remove them and fit new plastics.
-Mahooosive vertical dent/crease from a car door all the way down my passenger door :(
- Laquer peeling off the 2nd hand grille and headlights that I had to source from elsewhere as none came with the car. Also in the original black.
- Bracket for drivers side headlight has come away from the main housing. It's ABS plastic too, a complete ***** to repair, and they're quite a common problem on the 'quadlight' headlights (as opposed to the earlier conventional looking headlight units)

Soldato
My TS3 E46 330Ci Sport

• Oil sensor is knackered (illuminates for 15 seconds at start up and goes out. Oil level is fine). Needs the oil dropping to change so I haven't bothered until it needs a service
  • Air con blows warm. Being sorted this week.
  • Passenger side mirror adjustment motor doesn't work. Was like that when I bought the car.
  • Exhaust is possibly a bit too loud now. On several occasions, I have almost convinced myself to get a center silencer put in but then I drive through a tunnel and have second thoughts...
  • Driver window squeals on the rubber seal when going up or down. This is probably the most annoying! Any quick fixes for this?

Soldato
My TS3 E46 330Ci Sport

• Driver window squeals on the rubber seal when going up or down. This is probably the most annoying! Any quick fixes for this?

Wipe the rubber seals down with IPA to get them properly clean, then rub some Gummiplfedge (sp?) onto them to get them nicely lubricated and not so dry.

Sit back and enjoy the silence of your super quiet windows :D

I got my Gummi from Euro Car Parts off the shelf so that's probably the easiest place to get hold of it.

Soldato
Wipe the rubber seals down with IPA to get them properly clean, then rub some Gummiplfedge (sp?) onto them to get them nicely lubricated and not so dry.

Sit back and enjoy the silence of your super quiet windows :D

I got my Gummi from Euro Car Parts off the shelf so that's probably the easiest place to get hold of it.

Awesome! I'll pick some up, thanks :)

Don
Range Rover

Whine from transfer box
Squeak from rear suspension
Scratches on bodywork
A-pillar trim loose
Front, right brake disc heatshield lose
Driver's sun visor clip broken

S2000

Tracking slightly out (pot hole)
Leak in boot from lower vent

Tuono

Nothing

Caporegime
Dirty exhaust no amount of autosol will make shiney.

Hairline scratched on cluster plastic and interior trims.

New stone chips on my freshly painted front bumper.

New today - dead AC compressor

Back
Top Bottom