Everything little thing that's wrong with your car.

Soldato
My zoom zoom mazda is rusted to fork underneath, undersealed it a few years ago and it passed MOT after MOT, but garage says it won't get another and to buy sommot else. Looking for an Electric orange Focus ST3 around the North West, don't really fancy travelling to Birmingham or Sheffield for one at moment, got another month until MOT runs out :)

Soldato
2011 Civic 1.8 EST

- Sometimes when I’m listening to music it randomly switches from Bluetooth to radio and sticks there so I can’t cycle back to Bluetooth again. A minute later it’ll let me change it. Still no idea why it does that.

- scratches from when a random strong gust of wind at a boot fair blew the racking into the passenger side door panels. I have some of the official Honda touch-up paint and keep for the car colour and keep meaning to have a go trying to cover them up

- dents you can only see in certain light on the drivers side from where I somehow didn’t get t-boned by a dodgy mini-cab which bug me to no end. Asked a couple of mobile dent people and they were like ‘nope’. Bangernomics I suppose, probably not worth sorting out

- alloys are embarrassing, need to get round to getting them refurbished but probably not till I go to sell it

- plastic wheel arch protector on the front passenger side keeps popping out slightly, probably loose from a crack somewhere

Bulletproof other than that though!

Man of Honour
- Sometimes when I’m listening to music it randomly switches from Bluetooth to radio and sticks there so I can’t cycle back to Bluetooth again. A minute later it’ll let me change it. Still no idea why it does that.

Maybe unrelated but there seem to be some people pushing marketing messages over Bluetooth using a non-standard setup (high power, poor protocol implementation) which might be causing denial of service style disruption.

Had one the other day where being within ~100m of a certain vehicle it was trying to push "party events.pdf" and causing intermittent breaks in audio.

Caporegime
Saab 9-5.

-Still need to fit new springs.
-Air con doesn't work.
-Sump is leaking and needs to be resealed.
-Need to fit new throttle body gaskets as it has a boost leak.

Apart from air con I have everything else.

Suzuki Ignis.

- Sump is old and rusty and weeping. New one ordered so will get it done.
-Ideally needs new dampers but they are Suzuki only and cost too much!

Celica GT-Four.

- Too much to list!

Soldato
2017 Fiesta ST

- Rattle from passenger rear speaker. Will look at it eventually but not looking forward to removing the entire rear interior plastics to get to it.
- Stone chips on bonnet.

2020 Kona Electric

- Bluelink app keeps notifying me that my request to turn on the AC has failed... despite the fact the AC is on per my request. .
- Stone chip on the windscreen from the day we picked it up (and the first time my wife drove it). Not big enough to need a smart repair but ******* annoying nonetheless!

Soldato
2017 F31 BM - drivers door has a rattle that is soo frustrating.

2005 Impreza STI - I've broken the diff controller :(

2005 Evo 9GT - interior is looking tired and not really happy with direction I've gone with it. Engine bay looks scruffy but being dropped at Engine Tuner this morning for a refurb job.

Soldato
2012 gt86

The light inside the button which turns the driver's heated seat doesn't work. Passenger side is fine though. Not worth repairing.

Common on those. The switches are litteraly the same Subaru part they have been using since cars were invented and have a tiny incandescent bulb inside.

You can take them apart and solder an LED on if you can be bothered.

Soldato
2012 gt86

The light inside the button which turns the driver's heated seat doesn't work. Passenger side is fine though. Not worth repairing.

2012 GT86.
My heated seat button works fine. Light illuminates and everything [/smug].

However, the heated seats themselves are utterly pathetic. It takes a good 10 minutes before I feel them getting warm, by which time, the HVAC system is already pumping out hot air. Thus rendering them utterly pointless.

Caporegime
The heated seats in the GS take a good 15 minutes to warm up, and they dont get that warm once theyre going. I assume theyre somehow worn out.

The ones in my V70R were lethal. Felt like they were going to set my arse on fire. :p

Back
Top Bottom