1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EVGA AIO on ASUS RTX 2080 Ti?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by sof006, May 13, 2019.

1. sof006

Associate

I also had this issue with the instructions, also i'm pretty sure it tells you to look for certain screws but the screws are labelled incorrectly on the packaging so I had to guess.

2. doyll

Soldato

Probably too late, but others like me have found replacing the stock GPU cooler fans with 25mm thick fans lowers temps dramatically as well as noise levels. Fans like Arctic P9, P12, Noctua NF-A12x15, etc. with stock shroud and fans removed and new fans usually attached with zip-ties.

Link below is to thread here of one:
    https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ached-to-mobo-but-based-on-gpu-temp.18836981/

And another:
    https://hardforum.com/threads/modifying-the-evga-acx-cooler.1808692/

Here are links to a few more:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAglq08yRiI

https://hardforum.com/threads/modifying-the-evga-acx-cooler.1808692/

And my own:
    https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31733358/

3. sof006

Associate

Low cost solution but it does look rather ugly lol.

I have a side window on my case so I'd like functionality and looks.

4. doyll

Soldato

Some are indeed rather ugly .. some look quite nice in my opinion .. and all cool well and much quieter than original.

5. varkanoid

Sgarrista

Well I got a cheap new GTX 1070 Mini and put that in my PC and it booted fine, phew. Just need to put the original cooler back on and see if I can spot what happened. Support ticket logged with EVGA.

6. hlennie

Hitman

why did u guys go with the EVGA kits? the NZXT G12 240mm kit does a much better job 45C at load. no need to increase power level as this just adds heat and lowers the boost clock.

7. varkanoid

Sgarrista

It doesnt have VRM active cooling and these NEED vrm active cooling plus they have components on the left side of the GPU that need cooling too and G12 doesnt cover it. I've used a few of these and I would NEVER not put a heatsink on them. Also if you look at the contact plate there are 3 other areas that it touches the components on the board that the G12 doesnt cover. Would you risk it for £1000?

Also the A bracket on the G12 kit I had doesnt fit the holes. Mine was bought before 2080ti came out so the one listed now might have it but I wasnt going to bother due to the above.

8. Apone70

Hitman

Oh my god they look horrible. I know you love air cooling but they look so ridiculous @doyll.

9. Apone70

Hitman

Can you see on the pcb where the damage is?

10. varkanoid

Sgarrista

No nothing on PCB just two black blobs next to the GPU about the size of a pin head and it stinks!

11. Apone70

Hitman

have you got pictures?

12. varkanoid

Sgarrista

No didnt take any before I sent it off. Didnt think to be honest.

13. doyll

Soldato

By your standard I guess that means any air cooled GPU looks rediculous .. because the last pic first has stock GPU cooler, then 25mm thick fanned aftermarket version. :p

Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 1:33 PM
  14. Apone70

Hitman

Not at all. Just those mods look so pants lol

15. Apone70

Hitman

[​IMG]

The stock cooler looks ok but not the mod IMO. Each to there own though ;)

16. doyll

Soldato

I agree, all but the KFA2 GTX 770 LTD OC are pretty bad .. which is why I included the last ones .. to show it can be done to look as good as a factory GPU fan setup.

I like the black fans better than the white ones. Indeed, to each their own. :D

Also, the thicker fans require next PCIe socket to remain open for airflow to them.

17. hlennie

Hitman

I brought mine before the 2080TI mine fits. I also left front and back cooling plate on my EVGA so every thing is being cooled after a few hours heavy gaming it’s just about warm to the touch

18. varkanoid

Sgarrista

Which is what I said it really needs some kind of heatsink.

Which 2080ti model ? Did the bottom holes on the A bracket fit through the GPU PCB or were they standing off ?

19. hlennie

Hitman

Black XC They where standing off I just grinded a bit off and sits perfect should have said in the previous post.

No need for heat sink with front plate on my Iphone8 gets warmer or u can use a shim left details in the owners thread

20. varkanoid

Sgarrista

Well just got an email to say something is on its way back to me (which is a really quick turnaround) but nothing to say yet whether its a replacement or my old board back.

update: just had confirmation I am getting a new replacement 2080ti. Strange that the new serial number is actually lower by about 1000 than the one I sent back.

Question is now do I keep it or sell it. Probably the latter as I`m not happy with the GPU hitting 82c on the cooler.

Last edited: May 21, 2019 at 7:01 PM