evga or corsair?

Associate
im looking for a power supply for a old build im building back up i have a cx600m in my current rig and was thinking about putting that in my weaker rig and buying a better one for my current rig ive noticed the evga ones are decent priced and have gold rating. question is are they reliable I dont want to buy the same psu again with prices higher than what they was when I got the cx600 id rather pay the extra 20 or 30 on getting a good rated one.

ive been looking at the rmx and the evga GS gold

Man of Honour
The RMx is the better of those two. It has a 10 year warranty while the EVGA GS series only has 5 years. The best EVGA psu's are the G2 which are now being replaced by the even better G3, P2 and T2 units all of which are built by Superflower and based on their own respective Leadex units. The G2 and G3 550w and 650w units all have a 7 year warranty while all the rest of the G2 and G3, plus all of the P2 and T2 units have a 10 year warranty.

Associate
OP
The RMx is the better of those two. It has a 10 year warranty while the EVGA GS series only has 5 years. The best EVGA psu's are the G2 which are now being replaced by the even better G3, P2 and T2 units all of which are built by Superflower and based on their own respective Leadex units. The G2 and G3 550w and 650w units all have a 7 year warranty while all the rest of the G2 and G3, plus all of the P2 and T2 units have a 10 year warranty.
i wish i seen this before I just bought a g2 :(

Man of Honour
Nothing wrong with the G2, it's the GS that is the not so good ones with the shorter warranties. Even the 550w and 650w G2's have a 7 year warranty and even though that's 3 years shorter than the 750w+ units it's still a extra 2 years over all of the GS units which all only have 5 years. The G2's are built by Superflower and are basically a Leadex Gold with no tacky led's, a different fan and a couple of other minor tweaks. You have a very good psu so no need to feel you made a bad choice. You didn't. :)

Associate
+1 for G2 750W, excellent PSU and whisper quiet too. Migrated to an SFX build otherwise I'd still be using that for duration of warranty.

Back
Top Bottom