EVGA Z390 DARK

Soldato
will depend on VRMs, but stating 16 phases which matches MEG and Xtreme

memory wise since its a dual dimm slot should be able to take high RAM speeds then the above to

Associate
it will be released at CES, not sure on stock though, maybe @Gibbo can answer that one.
Sure it is a fantastic board which Luumi assures me it is, he's been testing it for a while now but imo its a little late to the party. More than happy with my Gene and i wont be trading it in any time soon.
I agree. Too late were my thoughts as well given the CPUs we are expecting to be announced this coming year. Shame :(

Unless the z390 chipset supports the next gen of intel CPUs that is.

Associate
It looks like this is available in the US direct from EVGA for 499 USD.

@Gibbo or anyone in the know, any eta on a uk release or news on when ocuk might have stock and price info?

I want it.

Associate
It looks like this is available in the US direct from EVGA for 499 USD.

£500! you've got to be kidding!!! - gone are the days of a hobby then - I would not expect this should be more than £300 tops

Looks like they have fleeced everyone on the new graphics cards and yet still people pay up - now trying the same ploy with other components - shameful imo.

Well, I won't play that game - have always gone for top of the line components - guess what I got will last me a good while then - at least I'll see my money's worth from it :p

Associate
Luumi got 5.5 CB with 1.336v vs 1.45v for the Maximus Hero X.

Has he given any numbers comparing vcore for z390 boards vs the EVGA dark? The Hero XI for instance or any other?

I'd like to know if the CPU he has is golden or if the board is making it look that way because he says it's just 'a random cpu' and not binned in the comments on one of his vids.
If the dark allows an extra 1-200mhz at a given vcore and temp compared to say the apex or gene that would be amazing.

Soldato
Luumi got 5.5 CB with 1.336v vs 1.45v for the Maximus Hero X.

Has he given any numbers comparing vcore for z390 boards vs the EVGA dark? The Hero XI for instance or any other?

I'd like to know if the CPU he has is golden or if the board is making it look that way because he says it's just 'a random cpu' and not binned in the comments on one of his vids.
If the dark allows an extra 1-200mhz at a given vcore and temp compared to say the apex or gene that would be amazing.

Link?

Associate
I agree. Its all speculation and he said, she said until there are like for like reviews.

Nonetheless, it would be amazing if the EVGA Dark is equipped to get the best out of the CPU, for example an extra 100-200mhz vs the nearest competitor.

Soldato
He claims that the Hero was able to achieve 5.5, too. Just with "more voltage". The most likely scenario is he is taking readings from arbitrary places on the power plane. Due diligence goes a long way with these things.

Back
Top Bottom