Evolv ATX - Upgrade Options - SM8 or G80 or Others?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Hey All,

I'm looking to replace my Phanteks Evolv ATX TG which for me it has a number of short coming that has caused me to look difference cases.

It needs to have the following:

Full E-ATX Support
Good Airflow
Good Water cooling support

However, it can't be huge as I still need to fit the case under my desk. I do like the Phanteks Enthoo Elite but it won't fit under my desk.

I've found the following cases which seems to fit my requirements:

Caselabs Merlin SM8
Hex Gear G80

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Associate
I'm waiting for the new revamped Evolv mATX myself. Just curious what short comings of the ATX version are bothering you enough to change case?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
I'm waiting for the new revamped Evolv mATX myself. Just curious what short comings of the ATX version are bothering you enough to change case?

The two biggest gripes I have with the case are air flow and limited E-ATX support, as most of the time I have to run it with the top and side panel off due to heat build it. I mean its not major but you can feel the heat buildup as I run a W/C Loop. I've also had to mod the case to fit fans above the rad as well. I assume on air, the case would be fine. Its a mega case but the general air flow I find to be poor.

The E-ATX is my own fault really, as I couldn't go with my first choice so I had to compromise.

Associate
The two biggest gripes I have with the case are air flow and limited E-ATX support, as most of the time I have to run it with the top and side panel off due to heat build it. I mean its not major but you can feel the heat buildup as I run a W/C Loop. I've also had to mod the case to fit fans above the rad as well. I assume on air, the case would be fine. Its a mega case but the general air flow I find to be poor.

The E-ATX is my own fault really, as I couldn't go with my first choice so I had to compromise.
You might now there is modding project going on regarding top panel (by one of the modding company getting top panels from phanteks). Which might look pretty cool and make happy many owners of evolv atx:)

RSR

RSR

Soldato
OP
I've been keeping up with the thread, I did mod to top section to allow for fans above the rad. However, i'd rather buy a case with better airflow rather than keep modding.

After speaking to a few people about it, I'm going to order a SM8 as it covers all of what I want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom