Exchange 2007 Resource Booking

Soldato
We've got some rooms set up as room mailboxes on E2k7, which are set to AutoAccept. Been using them for a while with no problems but suddenly they've stopped working. Meeting requests are piling up in the mailbox but not being processed.

Nothing relevant in the event logs, have restarted the Mailbox Attendant service and the server itself - no joy. Any ideas?

Associate
not using 2007 here yet so bare with me, I presume the Auto Accept still runs as a service on the server under local system?

How about the resources themselves, direct booking disabled?

Really need to migrate to exchange 2k7!

Soldato
OP
Nah its completely different in 2k7, its not an optional installation any more, you create a new room mailbox and can set it to autoaccept through the shell or through OWA. Much better system, when it works!

Associate
ah, sorry I can't help ya, but might ask you some questions in the near future regarding exch2k3 to 2k7 migrations :p

actually maybe its worth waiting for 2k10 now

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sorted :D

After sifting though all the parameters, I found one of the rooms had the UserAccountControl flags set to none, despite being disabled in AD and set correctly.

I enabled the account, redisabled it and the flags changed to the correct ones (accountdisabled, normalaccount, donotexpirepassword). A restart of the Mailbox Assistant service and all the rooms fired back into life, causing much confusion!

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Thats interesting to know, I am looking at a mirgration from 2003 > 2007 at the moment. Ive done it in our test envirment with no problem. So all little "gotta ya's" like this is useful to know.

Soldato
OP
This wasnt a migration gotcha - we migrated months ago :)

Moving rooms is relatively easy, youjust have to move the mailbox onto the new server, convert to to a room mailbox and set it to autoaccept with the command shell

RSR

RSR

Soldato
This wasnt a migration gotcha - we migrated months ago :)

Moving rooms is relatively easy, youjust have to move the mailbox onto the new server, convert to to a room mailbox and set it to autoaccept with the command shell

Its all the powershell stuff thats new to me, so ive got my head in the white papers at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom