Exchange Edge Server Certificate

Soldato
Hi

Because it seems the old Exchange Admin console has gone on 2016 I'm not reliant on powershell to configure some stuff!

I have a server:

testmail.internal.com

We have a cert for the domain:

mail.external.com

I'm just not great with powershell and wondered how i change the connector to the correct domain name and do i need to update the internal connectors to get to it?

Any advice would be good.

M.

Soldato
The old Admin Console has gone - but the newer ECP is still there where you can import certificates fine within the UI. I despise certificates, so I always quickly do it in the GUI rather than Powershell but MS Docs have a good guide:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/architecture/client-access/import-certificates

Code:
Import-ExchangeCertificate -FileName "<FilePathOrUNCPath>\<FileName>" -Password (ConvertTo-SecureString -String '<Password> ' -AsPlainText -Force) [-PrivateKeyExportable <$true | $false>] [-Server <ServerIdentity>]

Soldato
OP
Is the ECP accessible on the Edge server?

I believe this is where the cert needs to go as that's where the send/receive connectors are going to be?

M.

Soldato
You will be able to control the Edge Server from the ECP, you don't need to be on any of the servers, you can manage it remotely from your client from the FQDN or the IP Address for example exchange/ecp there you can manage all Exchange servers in the group.

Back
Top Bottom