1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** Exciting changes are coming to Overclockers UK! ***

Discussion in 'Latest News, Deals & Special Offers' started by fiveub, 25 Oct 2021.

1. fiveub

Commissario

It's something we will be working on. :)

Quite possibly, I know the team have been working on the website every single day making updates and changes to improve the site, so it will be getting better over time.

Once we move over to the new site fully, this should fix the problem. We were redirecting a small portion of users to the new site for testing purposes, but this will soon all be changed over to the new site soon. :)

Glad to hear you had a good experience, and we've noted down about the dark mode. :)

2. JediFragger

Caporegime

Please do, it's very irritating going from old to new to old again and puts me off visiting the site.

3. Anti-Chav

Mobster

4. Freddie1980

Sgarrista

@fiveub I think I've found a bug. On the mobile version of the store page it looks like the filters are not showing all the available options. For example go to components, motherboards, AMD then click on the filter button. For me at least the options were only A350 and B450 no X series or Threadripper models. I tried this in the default Chrome browser version 95.0.4638.74 and a 3rd party browser called Ad-Blocker and got the same result.

Sorry I don't know how to take screenshots on my phone.

5. jaybee

Soldato

What measures have you taken with the new setup to fix the problems which were always promised to be fixed with the new website, for when trying to buy very popular items during high traffic periods?...i.e. GPUs which you always had issues with over selling and not showing real time, accurate stock levels being reflected?

6. jaybee

Soldato

Initial impressions from a quick browse on my large mobile phone screen, is that everything's too big and zoomed in. Not enough info on each page. A lot of white space. Homepage looks more amateur. Will properly explore in time.

7. Freddie1980

Sgarrista

See post 22, is that what your referring to?

8. fiveub

Commissario

I've passed this onto the purchaser, this is more of an issue of the price not being updated correctly rather than a bug with the website. This should hopefully be fixed soon.

If you're able to take some screenshots, this would help a lot as we're struggling to replicate this, or if someone else on the forum is finding the same issue, please let us know.

This is something we're taking measures with, the new website will certainly help us with this going forward.

This is something we've passed on to the team too as some others have mentioned this also. Thanks!

9. Freddie1980

Sgarrista

10. Anti-Chav

Mobster

Sound.

I do have a spot of feedback on the site though. When I right-click a category, EG, hover over "Gaming" and right-click, say "Noble Chairs", there is a distinct delay. I use Chrome on my PC. Not sure what causes it, but I shall try it on another system tomorrow and update you whether I can re-create the issue or not. (I have noticed, it doesn't happen all the time though?)

I echo what another user mentioned in regards to extra filters too, EG, a filter for Micro-ATX/Mini/ITX/ATX etc etc. Also, a dark mode is needed...

On the front page, rather than having a "Suggestions" products area, maybe a "Latest" products area too, as I cannot seem to find a "Latest Products" page via navigating.

Randomly, why is there an "EK Water Blocks EK-Loop Molex to SATA Adapter" (Product code: WC-A6Z-EK) in the Gaming Laptops section?

11. ghummy

Associate

this may be a stupid question, but i assume the new site is up and running to place orders?

12. fiveub

Commissario

It is, both sites are up and running, we've not completely moved over to the new site yet, but both websites are running side by side currently. :)

13. Grumbledook

Gangster

It would be nice to be able to save multiple delivery addresses, so I can have both work and home and just select the one I want, rather than having to type it out if it's different from my previous order.

I complained about the lack of filters when shopping on the old site so look forward to them being added.

14. fiveub

Commissario

You can add multiple addresses on the new website. :)

15. Grumbledook

Gangster

Ah stupid me, was on the old site, didn't realise they were both running.

16. Stuen4y

Gangster

I really like the new design, it is simple, modern, and very readable. Good job everyone at OCUK! I want to report an interesting bug to do with the forum linking.
    1. I had items in my basket I wanted to check out prior to logging in for the first time on the new website.
    2. I reset my password as instructed on the login screen
    3. Then I went back to my basked to check out expecting to see the free shipping from my forum account linking I've used in previous orders but it wasn't there.
    4. I checked my account details in the store and it was successfully linked to my forum profile.
    5. I got all the items out of the basked and then added them again and the free shipping was there.
    This was on desktop on Firefox but I doubt it would have mattered.

17. edGfaCTor

Wise Guy

It appears the free shipping is still broken I tried to order nvme drive and it kept coming up £9 shipping as the cheapest option delivered.

I noticed if I click the logo at the top of this forum it takes me to the old site which I can log in fine but the new site I can not and even attempting multi times to follow the instructions about password recovery i never receive any emails.

Last edited: 26 Nov 2021