*** Exciting changes are coming to Overclockers UK! ***

Associate
Not read the whole thread so this may or may not have been mentioned. Really disliking the new look. Not the whole thing just the WHITE. Besides the fact more and more aplications and devices implementing dark modes because they're easier on the eyes they are also more economical compared to white everywhere.......miniscule as that may be. Personally, I have Multiple Sclerosis and even when I'm not relapsing with a new relapse screwing with my eyes, more than normal, the white everywhere makes it not just horrible to view but also a pain/difficult to view.

Don't expect it to get reverted back to a darker site just for me but wanted to say I'd be willing to ensure I'm signed in even if just browsing if we could set a dark/light theme to be used when we visit.

Soldato
I'm a long time user of your store, but i don't see any order history, is this correct because of the new site ? thx

edit: just seen the below, i guess all orders before 2018 will be added later then.

ORDER HISTORY
Please note your order history will not be fully synced between the websites. We imported all completed orders since 2018 although some very recent orders may not appear. Any missing orders will be imported when we fully transfer to the new website.

Last edited:
Associate
Still can't scroll website on iPad at all. This is still a big issue and has not been fixed, and yes I cleared my cookies/history...

Has anyone come across not being able to scroll down on iPad on any page? Using Safari (iOS 14.8). Not using anything that interferes with websites bar VPN, even disabled it still won't scroll down. Disappointing as I usually browse on iOS then buy on PC, hoping this is fixed.

Associate
Either I'm blind and can't see it or the Today Only deals are no longer around and that was a regular reason I'd visit the site regardless of wanting anything in particular.

Associate
Either I'm blind and can't see it or the Today Only deals are no longer around and that was a regular reason I'd visit the site regardless of wanting anything in particular.

They've got rid. I did the same as you (hence why I'm keeping an eye on this thread), seems barmy to me but hey ho.

Caporegime
Dude I can't even SCROLL the website!

image.png

Associate
Not impressed with the new website layout - apart from the loss of the daily and weekly deals, the main issue the previous site suffered from (poor sort/filter functionality) hasn't been fixed.

e.g. if I want to look at 27" monitors which have 144Hz rate, I either have to wade through the 27" monitors (85 matches) to manually look for for 144Hz refresh rates, or if I select the 144Hz refresh rate category (166 items), I have to manually look for 27" models.

Every other e-tailer seems to be able to offer much more user-friendly search and filter functionality, why are OCUK still lagging behind on basic user experience?

Soldato
Not impressed with the new website layout - apart from the loss of the daily and weekly deals, the main issue the previous site suffered from (poor sort/filter functionality) hasn't been fixed.

e.g. if I want to look at 27" monitors which have 144Hz rate, I either have to wade through the 27" monitors (85 matches) to manually look for for 144Hz refresh rates, or if I select the 144Hz refresh rate category (166 items), I have to manually look for 27" models.

Every other e-tailer seems to be able to offer much more user-friendly search and filter functionality, why are OCUK still lagging behind on basic user experience?
I agree, I'm not a fan of the new site. I'm guessing whoever designed this wanted a clean aesthetic but they ended up with a site that has too much white space and spacing between products which makes it hard to compare products and you constantly have to scroll up and down. Right now I'm running two screens, one is my laptop which runs at a common 1366x768 and a 27" 1440p screen, looking a this page on my laptop I can only view one PSU at time (list view) and even on my big screen it will barely show 4 products. The browsing experience is horrendous if you using a laptop with a basic resolution, the product page is barely 1/3 of the screen the rest is white space and frames.

Associate
The lack of feature filter options is a nuisance. I've been looking for a new case for a family member who burns discs on a regular basis. Not being able to home in on cases with an external 5.25" bay quickly was not helpful.

VB6

VB6

Associate
Any ideas when the physical store will be open again? I'm local and would rather not use shipping if I can help it and the last time I used click and collect it was a complete disaster.

Caporegime
Any ideas when the physical store will be open again? I'm local and would rather not use shipping if I can help it and the last time I used click and collect it was a complete disaster.
Moving to a new place at some point soon and they'll have a click and collect counter iirc.

Reactions: VB6
Back
Top Bottom