Expensive Smartphones?

Soldato
I've got a bit of cash coming as a salary bonus, and I thought I'd treat myself with some of it.

I've had a look at reviews of the current smartphones - HTC Hero, iPhone, Palm Pre etc and none of them really seem to be "there" yet. There seems to be disappointments with all of them.

Is there anything else out there that's maybe a bit more expensive, but better than the rest of the crop? I was hoping that perhaps there's something that doesn't get as much coverage because it's more expensive.

Soldato
this 'super phone' does not exist, every phone has it's pros/cons(tho not in the eyes of the apple fan boys, where the iphone is perfect and everything else is crap).

there's more phones due out over the upcoming months, might find something you like from them. I'm going to be keeping an eye on the new releases as I'm looking for an 'upgrade' to my touch hd.

Soldato
OP
I'll just hold off then. I've still got an ancient old Samsung D900 since I got that nothing has really grabbed me... like you said they all have their cons. The next phone I buy should last me several years. I think any of the current smartphones I'd want to upgrade when something better came out.

Caporegime
Expensive??...could look and see what the price of the new Blackberry Bold 9700 will fetch...probably around the £500 mark or the new BB Storm 2.

Other than that look at the vertu range that tunney just posted above...phones for people who have more money than sense;)

Soldato
I'm waiting for the Snapdragon based phones to hit, should be leagues ahead of the current crop performance wise. The Sony Snapdragon Android phone looks very promising.

Soldato
OP
Heh. I wasn't wanting a phone because it was expensive. I was just looking for a smartphone with no rough edges. The Vertu phones I've seen before... and to top it all they look cheap and nasty.

Soldato
I'm waiting for the Snapdragon based phones to hit, should be leagues ahead of the current crop performance wise. The Sony Snapdragon Android phone looks very promising.

snapdragon phones have already started coming out, well the toshiba tg01(think its the only one at the moment).

Back
Top Bottom