Eye Glass me a Lawnmower

Soldato
Its come to that time of year when the grass has gotten too long and Ive dusted of the lawnmower, except it has decided to pack in.

It was just an old Flymo that just about managed a decent job, but its past it now and Im looking for an upgrade.

At a guess, the garden is probably 100ft by 40ft, so there is a fair bit to cut. Ideally I dont want to spend more than £150, and if I could get a petrol powered one that would be even better.

Does anyone know what decent makes to look at, or where to buy them apart from B&Q. Any help would be appreciated, Cheers :)

Soldato
panthro said:
At a guess, the garden is probably 100ft by 40ft, so there is a fair bit to cut. Ideally I dont want to spend more than £150, and if I could get a petrol powered one that would be even better.
My sister got a petrol powered one for not much more than that I think. There was an option for a self moving version but it was more expensive, I've used the one she has and it's so easy to cut the lawn. I don't think the self moving one would be worth the extra unless you have problems with your hands.

You're best off trying a few garden centres to decide which is best.

Soldato
fatiain said:
I feel like a man now.
Real men don't buy a self propelled model :p.

I'd say the one my sister has is no harder to push than a shopping trolley. She went from a flymo hover mower to this and it's made mowing the lawn quite relaxing! :)

Soldato
fatiain said:
My garden currently looks like a cross between the Amazon rainforest and the tank range on Salisbury Plain. I need self propelled!
You got yours at a good price mind, I think the self propelled version of the one my sister bought was £50 or so more!

Back
Top Bottom