Eye of the World - 2013? Anyone got IMDB Pro?

Permabanned
Dont get your hopes up, there has been listings for Eye of the World or associated WOT films in 2009/10/11......

It is just because they wish to retain the licence so they list it as In Development.

Associate
Yeah I don't think anything has happened for years on this.

When they start thinking about casting etc, then there might be a possibility of something happening.

There's also supposed to be an RPG in developement but its been a bit quiet on that front as well.

There's a company called Red Eagle entertainment that has all the rights to films, games etc

Permabanned
Whay has happened in the past is that the scriptwriters and producers realise that the costs and scale are ridiculous, and they get cold feet and then Robert Jordan, or now his Estate, get to sell the rights all over again......

The rights are the money spinner.

Soldato
I would love to see this but it would be more viable to do a GRRMesque Song of Ice and Fire series rather than trying to do 13 films.

Plus series/film 8-11 would be gash as well and probably be canned as viewers rather strung themselves up than watch intermittable discussion about dresses, wool headed men and boring soul searching /yawn.

Saying that since Sanderson took the reins the quality has ratcheted up substantially.

Associate
I would love to see this but it would be more viable to do a GRRMesque Song of Ice and Fire series rather than trying to do 13 films.

Plus series/film 8-11 would be gash as well and probably be canned as viewers rather strung themselves up than watch intermittable discussion about dresses, wool headed men and boring soul searching /yawn.

Saying that since Sanderson took the reins the quality has ratcheted up substantially.

You could quite easily cut out a lot of stuff from WOT, so potentially a film series might only run to 6 or so films.

Its a while since I read the first few, but from what I remember they had pretty defined endings without as many up in the air things as later in the series so they could potentially work ok without the series being done in entirity.

I certainly hope there is never such thing as a 'Crossroads of Twilight' movie.

Soldato
You could quite easily cut out a lot of stuff from WOT, so potentially a film series might only run to 6 or so films.

Its a while since I read the first few, but from what I remember they had pretty defined endings without as many up in the air things as later in the series so they could potentially work ok without the series being done in entirity.

True they could work around things. After Lord of Chaos (book 6) the series went off the rails and you were getting a 800-1000 page book of **** just to reveal one plot twist and it was more than a little tedious.

For all that a condensed film/series version would be amazing to see and just if you cut the dress discussion, the moral whining, the man bashing and dozens of page long descriptions of scenery you would be looking at great material.

For all that I am complaining I still think it is one of the best fantasy series ever but I am glad that Sanderson took over the ending. His direct and action packed style put in Jordan's amazingly rich and detailed world with him merely moving the peices makes for fantastic reading! Gathering Storm/Towers of Midnight rival Fire of Heavens for me.

I certainly hope there is never such thing as a 'Crossroads of Twilight' movie.

I think I would more than happily skip that film! :D

Isn't that a whole book just so
The Forsaken woman (forget which, perhaps Semirhage) can blow his hand off and the rest is just garbage filler!
?

Back
Top Bottom