F1 2009 Season discussion/development thread

Permabanned
is that up now???

nothing is showing up on my freeview box, im guessing that i wont be able to watch practice?

I've got Sky and it's been on there all day, but yes they will apparently definitely be showing FP1 on freeview :)

I'll be in irc.autosport.com channel #atlasf1 if anyone is about, normally gets busy in there.

Soldato
Tell me... how can they test the new components? Without violating the testing ban, which lasts until 01/01/2010?

Also, cargo arrived for McLaren this morning with new components in it apparently.

Trying out new parts in races or race weekends, is no big deal. What would be a big deal if they turned up with a totally new diffuser (this is a major part), without having tested it in the the testing sessions which only ended a week ago. If they do this, then its definitely pannick stations.

If the team were happy with their car and were planning on a major upgrade (like a new diffuser), the way to do it would be to test it on a Friday on Race1, but not use it in the race. Then take the data back to factory and come back on Race2 with the car fully incorporating the new car part OR a further test on the same or modified car part.

To simply turn up with a major new car part, without any testing and using it in the race is a big gamble and would show that they are definitely not happy with the car.

Soldato
To simply turn up with a major new car part, without any testing and using it in the race is a big gamble and would show that they are definitely not happy with the car.

I think the fact they've gone from front of the grid to (likely) mid-back of the field means they're gonna be fairly unhappy.

And if there's no chance of the win, not even a great chance of points, and a championship winning driver seemingly with a 'performance clause' it might be worth taking some big risks to jump up the grid asap...

Soldato
I think the fact they've gone from front of the grid to (likely) mid-back of the field means they're gonna be fairly unhappy.

And if there's no chance of the win, not even a great chance of points, and a championship winning driver seemingly with a 'performance clause' it might be worth taking some big risks to jump up the grid asap...

I don't think they will be nearly as bad as the hype suggests. I'm expecting Hamilton to qualify and finish in the top 6... or at least show the performance to do so if they DNF for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom