AlphaTauri – February 14
Williams – February 15
Ferrari – February 17
Mercedes – February 18
Alpine – February 21
Alfa Romeo – February 27

I haz 4090!
Don
I absolutely cannot wait to see the new cars. I know it’s still a bit of a joke at the moment after the palava at the end of last season, but I still can’t wait.

Soldato
Also with the budget cap I can't imagine they'll be manufacturing too many "fake" parts, I think they'll show the car they're intending to test at Barcelona but they'll keep some of the floor details either hidden or not to spec as that'll be where the benefits will be this year.

Soldato
That's a good point, I didn't think about the cost cap being a consideration on producing 'fake' parts. It's going to be interesting to see the differences between launch and the first test then.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I highly suspect they will unveil liveries using the 2022 demo chassis (there was a photo of a few being flown out somewhere).

Soldato
That's a good point, I didn't think about the cost cap being a consideration on producing 'fake' parts. It's going to be interesting to see the differences between launch and the first test then.

They may just 3D print some plastic pieces for the unveiling. It'll all look the same once it's painted anyway :D

Man of Honour
All we’ll see are liveries on generic cars. No way will we see the final car until the first race weekend starts.

I highly suspect they will unveil liveries using the 2022 demo chassis (there was a photo of a few being flown out somewhere).

Yup. They’ll just use the prototype.

I hope one or more teams manage to do something radical with the rules.

Associate
Or you may find that 'blank' areas are fitted in place of where some of the more specific aero work would be. I recall something similar being done when the 2021 cars were launched.

Associate
Or you may find that 'blank' areas are fitted in place of where some of the more specific aero work would be. I recall something similar being done when the 2021 cars were launched.

yeah exactly. mercedes did this and I remember James Allison being very open that they didn't want to show the new floor at the 2021 reveal

Soldato
It might be different this year given they have been working on them for a year and will want aero correlation from CFD and wind tunnel to the track - you'd have to be ultra confident to turn up in Bahrain with a major update for a whole new set of regulations.

The livery launches will be on generic cars though.

Soldato
I do hope there are a few radical designs at the first race. Aren't Alpine meant to have found something within one of the grey areas to exploit? Or have I not drunk enough coffee.. :p

Associate
I do hope there are a few radical designs at the first race. Aren't Alpine meant to have found something within one of the grey areas to exploit? Or have I not drunk enough coffee.. :p

There's been a few rumours with different teams. Ferrari making positive noises and Merc seem to be happy but really difficult to know. And it's all relative so won't know until the first test. Would love to see some innovations like the DD.

Soldato
It might be different this year given they have been working on them for a year and will want aero correlation from CFD and wind tunnel to the track - you'd have to be ultra confident to turn up in Bahrain with a major update for a whole new set of regulations.

The livery launches will be on generic cars though.
Yeah the new regs may throw a curve ball but then some might still take a risk..

Associate
Yeah the new regs may throw a curve ball but then some might still take a risk..

To me this is probably the most exciting thing about the 2022 season. Sure, there'll be plenty of amazing stories to tell about the drivers' individual efforts, but it'll be so incredible to see what each of the individual teams have come up with on their own on a completely new set of regs.

Who knows, we might even see Haas being slightly competitive this year as a result!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom