Poll: F1 2022 - Pre-season testing and discussion

Who will win the 2022 Formula 1 constructor's title ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't know if he will come back, he's going to get his face rubbed in it at every f1 event. Personally although I once thought he should come back fighting I'm not so sure now. F1 may have changed forever now. The trouble for f1 is if anyone else can compete with Max.
I shall keep watching, we will be reminded how lucky we were to have Lewis, but all good things come to an end.

Soldato
I always remember the interview in the back of a car with Jenson Button, Jenson said always go a year longer than you think. Lewis's eyes lit up and said really? Almost like he took that as gospel, I think that extra year was last year. I fear he's going to say enough, is enough:(

Soldato
I’ve thrown a vote in for McLaren. I think both McLaren and Ferrari have a very good shot this year. McLaren more so because it seems like h to they stopped development on this years car quite early and Ferrari carried on.

I don’t see RBR being competitive this year given they never really stopped development on this years car. I’m not a gambling man but I think I’ll stick a few quid on both Sainz and Norris for drivers, worst case I lose a few quid, best case I get a free holiday out of them :p

Caporegime
It is going to be immensely hard (psychologically) to compete in a sport that just had the referee totally make up a rule that handed your rival the championship on the final lap of a title race, especially if said referee stays in charge.

Does Lewis have to spend every race wondering what Masi will dream up next to thwart him?

Caporegime
I’ve thrown a vote in for McLaren. I think both McLaren and Ferrari have a very good shot this year. McLaren more so because it seems like h to they stopped development on this years car quite early and Ferrari carried on.

I don’t see RBR being competitive this year given they never really stopped development on this years car. I’m not a gambling man but I think I’ll stick a few quid on both Sainz and Norris for drivers, worst case I lose a few quid, best case I get a free holiday out of them :p

If Ferrari do have a competitive car, I think Sainz has a good shout. He has consistency and experience and was impressive this season.

Caporegime
It is going to be immensely hard (psychologically) to compete in a sport that just had the referee totally make up a rule that handed your rival the championship on the final lap of a title race, especially if said referee stays in charge.

I think it's unlikely Masi will still be in post next year; but the FIA is a corrupt and incestuous organisation* so who knows.

* To be fair to the FIA: they are considerably better than FIFA or the IOC but that's damning with faint praise.

Soldato
If Ferrari do have a competitive car, I think Sainz has a good shout. He has consistency and experience and was impressive this season.

This was my thought with both him and Norris. Sainz performed better than Leclerc who already had experience in the Ferrari. I really am hoping the field at the top levels a bit and we have atleast a 3 way title fight for the constructors.

Caporegime
I think it's unlikely Masi will still be in post next year; but the FIA is a corrupt and incestuous organisation* so who knows.

* To be fair to the FIA: they are considerably better than FIFA or the IOC but that's damning with faint praise.

Him leaving might be the only thing that could draw me back next season. It at least acknowledges that what he did was wrong and that he isnt fit for the role.

I find it unlikely they will do that though as it does just admit that Max was gifted it/a massive mistake was made.

Caporegime
This was my thought with both him and Norris. Sainz performed better than Leclerc who already had experience in the Ferrari. I really am hoping the field at the top levels a bit and we have atleast a 3 way title fight for the constructors.

Imagine Merc, Red Bull, Ferrari and McLaren all having pretty equally fast cars :p

Bar

Bar

Soldato
I imagine the threat of Toto / Hamilton leaving is keeping the pressure on the investigation to ensure its thorough and not a white wash - they can afford to lose Masi, but I dont think they can afford to lose the pull that Hamilton brings to the sport (not to mention how ethniticy will play out if they do lose him). Just for clarity I dont believe Hamilton will raise the race card - but wider media and social commentary absolutely will.

Soldato
Imagine Merc, Red Bull, Ferrari and McLaren all having pretty equally fast cars :p

Everyone would forget about last race pretty quickly :p

Seriously though it would be so good for the sport if that happened. I've had so many people at work talking to me about f1 the last few races of this season who never showed even a blink of interest. Add in a drive to survive season to real in more viewers.

We also now have a young driver in every one of the top teams to appeal to the younger audience, especially with the likes of Lando and Co streaming on twitch.

Caporegime
Sainz performed better than Leclerc who already had experience in the Ferrari.

Sainz got more points, but Leclerc outperformed him 13-9 in qualifying (including 2 poles), and finished ahead in races they both completed 14-6. Leclerc ended up with fewer points mostly because of his failure to start in Monaco and getting wiped out in Hungary by Stroll. Sainz has been very solid this season, a consistent and impressive performer, but the comparison to Leclerc has been overblown: Leclerc has been the better driver this season but with worse luck.

Soldato
Wouldn't trust that too much, very little liquidity which means the prices are rather skewed. 6/1 on Russell is definitely worth a tenner of anyone's money, especially if Hamilton packs it in.

Yeah I mean unless you're putting down 3/4 figure bets there shouldn't be much trouble getting a bet matched, as more liquidity pools in then odds will drop.

I have just put a punt on both Russell at 5/1 and Sainz at 25/1 just now, managed to get both placed with my desired amounts.

Soldato
I've still voted Merc, however they put *a lot* of effort in to the car at the tail end of 2021 which must have taken some of their focus away from the 2022 car. It's possible they could slip back - at least at the start of the year.

My dark horse would be Ferrari to make a resurgence, if they can find a legal way to get the engine power back that they had in 2018 and 2019.

Caporegime
I've still voted Merc, however they put *a lot* of effort in to the car at the tail end of 2021 which must have taken some of their focus away from the 2022 car. It's possible they could slip back - at least at the start of the year.

Mercedes finished the season with an unused development token. I'm not sure they were putting that much into it.

Associate
Would really like to see Ferrari or McLaren step up. I don't know who but I reckon one team will have something special for the first half of the year and dominate whilst the others catch up.

Soldato
I've still voted Merc, however they put *a lot* of effort in to the car at the tail end of 2021 which must have taken some of their focus away from the 2022 car. It's possible they could slip back

They put none onto the car all they did was turn up the engine to 11 every race and thats why they needed to use more engines in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom