Poll: F1 2022 - Pre-season testing and discussion

Who will win the 2022 Formula 1 constructor's title ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
There was some paddock talk and whispers in Abu Dhabi that two teams had supposedly found a loophole and had come up with something performance boosting that other teams didn’t have. Of course nothing concrete nor who started the rumour or which two teams had found the mystery item/design.
Like teams are going to be privy to other team's designs. Some components will have been made and the chassis manufacturing started (maybe already at the crash-test stage), but the people responsible for them will be at the factory and would be highly unlikely to be in Abu Dhabi at any stage (other than tiny teams like Haas perhaps). Designers certainly wouldn't be bragging this early either.

I suspect it's just someone predicting that two teams will have ideas others haven't thought of.

Unless Spygate II is on the cards, this time with sticky fingers on two team's designs and openly admitting it.

Soldato
I've always been amazed at anyone who works in F1 (even the drivers) manage to perform at their peak whilst no doubt jet lagged etc. I'm amazed anyone has to fly economy, that's quite shocking (although admittedly if it's not a 6hr+ flight with a big timezone change it may not make sense if they don't need to sleep).

Sounds a lot like the film industry to be honest. That always ran on the attitude if you don't like it we'll get someone else, but now in the UK at least they are desperately short of skilled workers in production. Mainly due to the sheer amount of content being produced.

Associate
Think I will attend a couple of the test days this year, pretty cheap days out, hopefully the weather will be good (and I can get creative with sneaking a couple of beers in).

Associate
According to Bernie Ecclestone Lewis is retiring. Apparently he's spoken with Lewis dad..

I personally think Lewis is finished with F1 and I don't blame him..
This is just Bernie's opinion and isn't related to talking to his dad.

Ecclestone added: "A couple of days ago I spoke with his father... "I realised immediately that he did not want to talk about the future of his son, so we just talked about business."

Soldato
According to Bernie Ecclestone Lewis is retiring. Apparently he's spoken with Lewis dad..

I personally think Lewis is finished with F1 and I don't blame him..
That toilet paper rag article appeared on my FB feed too. Jesus man, read past the headline. As @DeliciousStorage says below it's just Bernie's stupid opinion because (funnily enough) Lewis's dad didn't want to talk about it. Theres nothing to that article at all, just fluff and excrement from Bernie and the Sun. What a combo.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Some talk a few months ago that F1 WOULDN’T be showing the first test live to try and get interest higher in the second test. Hopefully they’ve realised what a boneheaded decision that would be.

I haven't heard anything to say that they're not still making that boneheaded decision. Highlights only of the first test days in hour-long programmes.

PF1 said:
The first Test in Catalunya will be from 23-25 February, with three days of running for the drivers to use their brand new machinery for the first time.

However, fans of Formula 1 should only expect to see end-of-day summaries from Barcelona on TV, with the focus from a media perspective to allow online and print journalists and their coverage to take priority in that first week of running.

But at the second Test in Bahrain, the blanket TV coverage to which fans have become accustomed should return as normal. Fans will able to watch the cars’ every move on their way around Sakhir from 11-13 March, before the season gets underway at the same circuit a week later.

The reason behind this move is claimed by a report from Auto Motor und Sport in Germany to be financial, with circuit officials in Bahrain wanting to give the cars a grand reveal, and supposedly paying handsomely to do so, which may not have been as appealing a prospect if the cars had their full on-track reveal in Barcelona.

Caporegime
"Fans will able to watch the cars’ every move on their way around Sakhir from 11-13 March, before the season gets underway at the same circuit a week later."

Having testing and the first race at the same place seems like a mistake, surely this is going to lead to a particularly uninspiring first race of the season. With that, followed by a stint at the barely-fit-for-F1 Jeddah circuit, I fear we may not get the best of starts to next season. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom