F1 Copenhagen 2020?

Soldato
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132058/plans-revealed-for-2020-danish-gp-proposal

sad to see Malaysia go (as well as I was when we lost India which I thought was a really good track), but maybe this could make up for it?

TBH I am not a fan of street races, and that layout doesn't inspire me. I like old school tracks like Spa. That said, it seems that city races are growing in popularity as Formula E as shown. So maybe a good move for F1

Soldato
Less Valencia, more Singapore please (the only recent track that Tilke hasn't been a major part of, and whilst not legendary it is at least a massive challenge). Baku was nuts this year, but more so because of the Force India drivers - there's only 1 good corner (the high-speed kink) and 1 interesting section (the old town).

If you're making a street track, make it a proper street track, not a sea of concrete barriers that go on far too long and dominate the track (Valencia).

As for the proposed layout I will fund it myself if that it ever happens and that high-speed sector remains as it does. I think my wallet is safe.

> street ciruit

just upgrade Jyllands-Ringen
It's barely a circuit suitable for touring cars. And it's ****.

Soldato
Just like Baku, that track looks incredibly dull. Singapore can lead to some action, but.. On the otherhand, Monaco is a great track but as it's so narrow and dangerous it leads to almost no wheel to wheel action for the entire race.

Back
Top Bottom