F32 4 Series

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;23175567 said:
Sort of want. But then I said that when the E92 came out too :p

If the build quality is on par with the F10 then I definitely want. That was the only aspect of the E92 I hated.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The wing badging says Sport but the bumper design doesn't look Aero, I take it this is because it's not finalised yet?

Either way I REALLY like the shape, what it appears to be anyway. It's got homage to the 6 Gran Coupe while keeping the muscular front end shape of the F10 and the side of the 6 Coupe.

I like!

Caporegime
I have a '12' plate E92 Sport Plus at the moment and I have done quite a few miles in it and I don't think it's too bad for build quality.

The only weird thing is some strange rattle noise that sometimes happens in the front little ash tray. Cannot work out what the hell it is.

Soldato
I don't see the issue :confused:

Neither do I. It's just so they can differentiate the Coupe from the Saloon more.

Because it's *almost* going to do away with the M3 name, that has been around for 27 years. The only way you'll be able to have the legendary M3 is by buying a saloon, which hardly anyone does, over the coupe and convertible. In 2009 only 144 bought the M3 Saloon, whereas 1080 people bought a Coupe/Convertible, which will soon be known as the "BMW M4". This means it is going to be one hell of a rare thing to see a new BMW M3 in the future.

I know it's just a name but it is one of the most recognisable names in the automotive world that they're messing around with. It's never been a problem for the last 27 years, so why have they suddenly started fiddling? The only reason i can see why they bothered to create the "4 Series" was just to fill out their range and have a stand alone competitor with its own name to rival the Audi A5 - ie. Marketing :rolleyes:. Unfortunately, this means almost doing away with the legendary "M3" name and i really don't think it is worth it. :(

Top Bottom