Fa Cup 6th round draw

Soldato
Middlesboro/WBA V Man United/Reading
Arsenal/Blackburn V Manchester City
Chelsea V Tottenham Hotspur
Plymouth V Watford

Might actually be some good games in this round Chelsea V Spurs maybe Arsenal V Man City & Man U V Boro

Caporegime
Couldn't ask for a better draw for Plymouth. Hopefully Watford will still be fighting for Premiership survival so Plymouth should have a good chance of getting revenge for their loss in 1984 and progressing to the SF.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't have minded playing a non premiership side for this competition, but at least Man City shouldn't be too much of a problem at home.

Though saying that I have no idea whether we (Arsenal) can beat Blackburn away. It's not too hard on paper, but they came to ours with half their team missing and completely fustrated us; we also have a fixture pile up coming around the corner and I have a nasty feeling fatigue could get us.

The more matches we play the more chances we have for players getting injured as well.

Soldato
Pigeon_Killer said:
Couldn't ask for a better draw for Plymouth. Hopefully Watford will still be fighting for Premiership survival so Plymouth should have a good chance of getting revenge for their loss in 1984 and progressing to the SF.
Aye, in a way it would have been nice to get a big club but can definitely see us turning over Watford, especially at home! After all, they're only 1 place above Derby who we just beat ;) :D

One other thing - if Man Utd, Chelsea & Arsenal go through to the semis with Plymouth, does that mean Plymouth get into the UEFA cup, or Europe by some route or other?

Last edited:
Soldato
Knew we were gonna get Chelski, is a bit of a pain. But like you said we have beaten them once this season, first time in 13 years and hopefully it wont be 13 years before we beat them again.

Man U - Spurs final at the new Wembley, and hopefully we can beat them this time and not have a dodgy referee that doesnt know when the ball has crossed the line.

Associate
yeah know blackburn frustrated us but we were the better side and didnt help that blackburn werent playing they stuck all 10 men behind the ball and defended nothing we could do it'll be a different game at blackburn they'll have there key players and come out fighting allowing space around the goal giving us room to use our pace.

Soldato
I couldn't possibly comment on the Vidic incident :p, and i know that there have been a lot of instances where a goal has not been given when the ball obviously crossed the line.

Thanks to the cheating Carroll in the Spurs - Man U game, in the end it cost us a couple of points.

Back
Top Bottom