Facebooks 50 Genders

Caporegime
Of course you think that's the issue because you suffer from "I think I'm cleverer than I really am" syndrome.

Boom there it is again. You're obsessed about judging how 'clever' people are aren't you?

Can't see any other reasons why a grown man would need to cry about anyone else's rights other than his own anyway. Unless it's gonna get him laid or make him money of course.

So basically your views come from a position of extreme selfishness - In which case why do you care if society is torn apart by allowing such crazy things to happen? Do the words of Martin Niemöller not mean anything to you?

Edit: Actually don't worry about it. Either you're trolling or you really think this way, in any case I can take some comfort from the fact that I will never have to meet you. Any appeals to get you to think about others is just a waste of time. Feel free to leave your contribution about my intelligence, grasp of the English language and something something semantics in your head.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The purpose of the NHS is to apply medical treatments to reduce suffering.

Some people are suffering because they very strongly feel that their body is the wrong sex.

A sex change is currently the medical treatment that is most effective in reducing those people's suffering.

Therefore sex changes are a valid use of NHS money and not a waste of it.

It would be a waste if people were changing sex for entertainment or curiosity, but that doesn't happen on the NHS. It's quite a lengthy process (a year before any surgery if I recall correctly) with various medical assessments.

i 100% agree with you I just wanted to spin in that all health issues that can be dealt with can/should be even those weight ones that always cause such a vitriolic backlash when brought up.

Associate
Boom there it is again. You're obsessed about judging how 'clever' people are aren't you?

Due to the Dunning-Kruger effect people often don't know. I'm just being helpful.

So basically your views come from a position of extreme selfishness - In which case why do you care if society is torn apart by allowing such crazy things to happen? Do the words of Martin Niemöller not mean anything to you?

Edit: Actually don't worry about it. Either you're trolling or you really think this way, in any case I can take some comfort from the fact that I will never have to meet you. Any appeals to get you to think about others is just a waste of time. Feel free to leave your contribution about my intelligence, grasp of the English language and something something semantics in your head.

I'm not sure it's extreme selfishness, but I believe in looking after my family first before strangers. Does that not seem reasonable to you?

The words of Martin Niemoller mean nothing to me.

Soldato
In California there was a law passed to allow pre-op MTF to use the same facilities as girls in school. This is not acceptable to me. This is an abomination of the natural order of things.

Could you expand on why you don't find it acceptable? I don't really understand what you mean by 'the natural order of things', especially when we live in a world that's far from natural.

Soldato
I see that yet again you haven't tried to debate with me, just come along with the lame attacks.

Says it all.

Again? Nah, just pointing out some choice opinions of yours so everyone knows what kind of person they are dealing with. Last time I bothered writing anything you cried about your kid being mentioned and were worried about me goading you to meet up irl lol.

come on m8, have a think about what it would be like should your kid have an issue outside of your purview, I know its tough but your a big man remember!

Associate
Again? Nah, just pointing out some choice opinions of yours so everyone knows what kind of person they are dealing with. Last time I bothered writing anything you cried about your kid being mentioned and were worried about me goading you to meet up irl lol.

come on m8, have a think about what it would be like should your kid have an issue outside of your purview, I know its tough but your a big man remember!

More drivel unrelated to the topic at hand. Come back when you've got something to say.

And don't think that nobody can see through your "big man" insults.

Permabanned
Nah, just pointing out some choice opinions of yours so everyone knows what kind of person they are dealing with.

So you still don't have a point to make?
How does knowing more about someone on an internet forum count as being informative in a debate, most people just consider the value or logic of the points being raised.

As you don't raise any points but just want to talk about the people or their families, your input seems a bit irrelevant?

I'm a size 10 shoe size btw, write that down for later, I think it says a lot about my thoughts on WWII history.

Soldato
OP
Could you expand on why you don't find it acceptable? I don't really understand what you mean by 'the natural order of things', especially when we live in a world that's far from natural.

Adolescent men getting changed and showering in the same facilities as adolescent girls. I'd not want my daughter exposed to that, no matter if said man is putting on a dress.

Caporegime
Due to the Dunning-Kruger effect people often don't know. I'm just being helpful.

Constantly passing judgement on people's intelligence as if to imply that it is lower than your own is exactly what the Dunning-Kruger effect identifies as a trait that the unskilled demonstrate.

Makes you think.

Soldato
Can't see any other reasons why a grown man would need to cry about anyone else's rights other than his own anyway. Unless it's gonna get him laid or make him money of course.
If you can't see any other reasons then you have a huge deficit in character.

You are also making the mistake of assuming that everybody else shares this flaw.

Last edited:
Associate
Constantly passing judgement on people's intelligence as if to imply that it is lower than your own is exactly what the Dunning-Kruger effect identifies as a trait that the unskilled demonstrate.

Makes you think.

That's always the danger of using the D-K effect in a debate. Someone uses it right back on you :D

Soldato
Certain posters in this thread would do themselves a very big favour if they realised they don't understand the first thing about transgender people or their "condition".

It is absolutely forgiveable to be ignorant of the subject, transgender people are not very common and aren't covered well by the mainstream media, but what is not so forgiveable is that these certain posters seem to think that they know better than the psychologists, physicians, and researchers who have spent years treating transgender patients. Some of the comments I have seen have varied from the absurd to the outright disgraceful.

I'm not here to poke fingers and name names, you probably know who you are, and if it's not your intention to be offensive then I do understand why you have misguided views. Misunderstanding isn't a crime, but try not to fall victim to your own lack of knowledge and form ugly opinions about people you don't even understand.

Soldato
Replace the word "transgender" with "homosexual" and it's like travelling back in time 50 years. I wonder if the people who viewed homosexuality at the time as unnatural or classed it as a mental health issue realised that their opinions would later be considered bigoted.

Permabanned
Adolescent men getting changed and showering in the same facilities as adolescent girls. I'd not want my daughter exposed to that, no matter if said man is putting on a dress.
As a trans he's going to have zero interest in your daughter, other than being really excited about her shoes. However a gay girl will probably be having the odd furtive glance.

I suspect you'd still regard a disinterested penis as being the threat though, the concept of a penis not being interested does not compute.

AJK

AJK

Associate
Replace the word "transgender" with "homosexual" and it's like travelling back in time 50 years. I wonder if the people who viewed homosexuality at the time as unnatural or classed it as a mental health issue realised that their opinions would later be considered bigoted.

Did you not read the recent "persecution of gays" topic? Those attitudes are still around today, from some of the same people posting in this topic now!

Soldato
I love how this thread is full of bitslice's assumptions about how gay people feel, being straight himself. Perhaps that point at which you made your decision to be straight wasn't as clear cut as you made it seem, eh.

Back
Top Bottom