Failed MOT

Took my card for a MOT but failed on.

Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content at idle excessive 7.3.d.4
Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive 7.3.d.3
Exhaust emissions hydrocarbon content after 2nd fast idle excessive 7.3.d.3 Exhaust emissions lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits 7.3.d.3

What the hell do i need to fix as the MOT bloke, never told me what needs to be fixed, so the car can pass.

Man of Honour
'MOT bloke' can only speculate what is causing the faults. He's just testing the car and it's failing on those points. He can't tell you there and then what is causing that fault. Could be that the guy giving you pointers on what it would be would open them up to liability if that didn't fix it.

Go to a garage and mention the points in your OP, they'll better guide you.

Commissario
Not possible to fully diagnose just by posting on here what it failed on. It could be a simple lambda sensor needs replacing, or the cat needs replacing or something greater.

As said, take it to a garage if you're unsure and get it sorted.

Soldato
Took my card for a MOT but failed on.

Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content at idle excessive 7.3.d.4
Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2nd fast idle excessive 7.3.d.3
Exhaust emissions hydrocarbon content after 2nd fast idle excessive 7.3.d.3 Exhaust emissions lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits 7.3.d.3

What the hell do i need to fix as the MOT bloke, never told me what needs to be fixed, so the car can pass.

Crack in the exhaust.

Soldato
You can try by changing the bank 1 lambda sensor first, which is usually located on the manifold area, that is the pre-cat sensor. If that don't fix then just get a cheap cat and a new sensor.

Associate
OP
I cannot drive the car anymore as i realized the mot run out on the 9th.

I will see if i can get someone to come out to do a diagnostic check.

If its just lambda, i would need to get a new downpipe aswell, as i know the lambda looks all rusty and welded on to the exhaust.

Back
Top Bottom