1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failed theory test :(

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Ex-RoNiN, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Ex-RoNiN

Capodecina

Well, not too surprised, I didn't study at all for it, I passed the Hazard Perception test with 56 points, but only got 28 on the multiple choice. I didn't know what to do with lights in different conditions, didn't know about different braking distances, and about speed limits when towing. Fair enough really, this you just have to study.

So, for next time I'm gonna buy a book to make sure I take care of these questions as well. Which book do you recommend? I heard that some come with vouchers for some free lessons with BSM or the AA, do you happen to know which ones they are?

2. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

If you had failed the hazard perception I'd have understood but I'm sorry there is simply NO excuse for failing the multiple choice questions, even with no revision.

They are so ridiculously easy they are insulting to most peoples intelligent. How can you possibly fail a test which includes such fantastic questions as, and this is a serious question from the test:

'You encounter an accident at the side of the road. What do you do first?'

a) Offer the driver involved a cigerrette
    b) Offer the driver an alcoholic drink
    c) Call the emergency services
    d) Something else equally inane I can't remember

Seriously, poor show :p

3. Dave85

Sgarrista

Ul man, I failed it 1st aswell but was hazzard perception I was trying out a trick i read online it didnt work lol

4. Tesla

Capodecina

They are easy except the braking distance questions which are very easy to learn but if you don't know them then they are anybodys guess as they are massively inaccurate for modern cars anyway.

Anybody seen some punctuation around for my above "sentence"?

5. andi

Capodecina

You were quite unlucky to get three of the very few vaguely tricky questions.

6. L0rdMike

Capodecina

I didnt revise and passed.

I had a really stupid question that was so easy, was about braking in icy conditions. Anyone that chose the handbrake option should be shot. :p

7. Bri

Mobster

But you only get 2 questions max on braking distances.

I did no swotting & thought, 'If I get a braking distance one, I'll guess it'. 1st question comes up, 'At 50mph in normal conditions.........' :D

I passed though, 32/35. Got the 1st question wrong, 1 on motorway signage & I have no idea what the other one was.

I'm with Fox here, no-one should fail this, even the hazard perception is laughably easy.

8. Nazbit

Mobster

Unlucky mate, I failed my first theory test, got all the questions right then messed up the hazard perception.

Stupidly badly designed piece of **** is that hazard perception test. :p

9. Tesla

Capodecina

I never realised that.

I remember one of my questions about answering a mobile whilst driving.

10. L0rdMike

Capodecina

When I passed mine I sat and waited 10mins for someone else to finish and leave. :o

11. Kroegen

PermaBanned

I passed first time. I didnt revise either. As Fox said, its soo easy id find it hard to get some of those questions wrong.

12. Mr-White

Capodecina

serves you right don't it :p

MW

13. Giddy

Wise Guy

Dont worry mate, I know someone who failed it 7 times! Although saying that I think she may be still taking her pratical exam... after 10 years of trying :p

14. Stellios

Capodecina

If you havent already, do the practice tests on *** DVLAs website, as they actually show up in the test. They did for me anyways.

I done 2 practive tests, and the hazzard perception once, and got 33/35 and 59 IIRC on the perception :)

15. mattpc

Mobster

You are clearly a very foolish person ex-ronnin!!! :) Just do some study next time and you will be right!

16. Jaymond

Capodecina

Dont worry, you'll be rate next time.

:)

17. hittman

Wise Guy

I got 100% on the theory test but I revised. lol. Didn't get the braking distance questions. Didnt have to do the perception test either. I passed 1st time. :D doesn't mean I'm a good driver though. :p

18. chrisd

Wise Guy

No, the majority of the questions are common sense. Some have to be revised for.

19. Del Lardo

Wise Guy

I easily passed first time with no revision. I may have been lucky but I found that watching my parents for 17 years was more than enough revision. When I took my test there was a girl there sitting it for the 6th time. Since then I've (rightly or wrongly) perceived the Theory Test as Darwins way of keeping stupid drivers off the road.

I hope that next time you manage to sort yourself out and don't prove to be another of Darwins children on the road.

20. Northwind

Wise Guy

I got 3 tram questions :rolleyes: "What does this sign mean?" "It means I'm really lost, we don't have any trams up here"