"Fake Duracell Industrial batteries"

Soldato
Send them to Duracell to see if thwy are genuine.

Pretty sure they are fakes along with 98% of the ones on fakebay and fakazon. Same as memory cards and even Lego now. I have stopped all my friends buying lego off both sites after seeing some of the bad copies they bought on there.

But its what the majority of the UK wants now ..... a purchase with a recognised lable for the least amount of money. It doesnt matter that its not fit for purpose....it was cheap.

Last edited:
Soldato
So, I just got ANOTHER box of fakes off of the bay... not even that cheap either!

I even specifically asked if the batts were genuine, had the etching, had the colour banding etc. And the seller said they did :rolleyes:

Is it just a case of asking the seller for a return or should I also report to eBay? Anyone with recent experience? The seller was savinguk to warn people.

Soldato
So, I just got ANOTHER box of fakes off of the bay... not even that cheap either!

I even specifically asked if the batts were genuine, had the etching, had the colour banding etc. And the seller said they did :rolleyes:

Is it just a case of asking the seller for a return or should I also report to eBay? Anyone with recent experience? The seller was savinguk to warn people.

Start a returns request and also report to ebay if you can. Then please leave them negative feedback to warn others.

Then don't buy from ebay again as it'll be very hard to find genuine batteries on there. Same with SD cards. If a listing has GENUINE!!! in the title then it probably isn't.

Associate
For anyone interested I have had a reply from Duracell about these batteries posted below -

It seems the batteries from Belgium do not have the etched number on them so these batteries could actually all be genuine.

Both AA & AAA Industrial for European markets are now manufactured in Belgium whilst before they had been produced in Thailand. Therefore European consumers will not find a manufacturing code printed on the label of AA/AAA Industrial batteries recently manufactured out of Belgium, this began early 2015 for AA and for AAA Industrial, this began early 2016.

The Industrial AA Alkaline product will not always have a production code printed on the label. Industrial AA manufactured in Belgium only provides the Best Before Date on the label.

Anyhow the only way to truly determine if a battery is counterfeit is to have our Duracell Quality Assurance Team evaluate it thoroughly. However, there are some things you can look for when questioning if a battery is a true Duracell product:

- We use recycled paper in our packaging. If you look at the back of the package, the cardstock should look dull, or similar to a newspaper. If it’s bright white, it’s suspect.
- Duracell batteries are packed flush to the bottom of the cardstock. You should be able to stand our battery packs upright without them falling.
- Other possible signs of counterfeit batteries include spelling errors on the package or poor picture quality.

Soldato
i bought the same batteries for my imac bluetooth keyboard and it was eating them. i thought it was because i was using it on a fairly complex logic project but they're probably fake :/

the problem is, the time and pain in the arse emails i'd have to send to dispute this don't really warrant that due to what i paid for them

Soldato
We'll I've finally been caught out with the fake batteries. Don't know if i can mention the seller but was listed as genuine and buy from Duracell approved seller. As soon as I opened them I could see they were a different colour and in the old Procell style box with the new industrial colour scheme. Also they were missing the colour ring on the bottom of the cells(yellow for AA and green for AAA). After a bit of haggling they agreed to take them back and I've sent through a freepost address which isn't recorded delivery. I'm now getting emails asking if they have been sent. I've sent through the proof of postage so will have to see if i get the refund.

On a side note I decided to try Kirkland batteries from Costco, after reading a bit about them it seems they are made by Duracell anyway. There's a few mixed reviews with some stating they leak a lot the same as genuine Duracells. I'll give them a go and see if they have improved.

Soldato
I've just taken a (big?) gamble on 100 (50x AA, 50x AAA) from the South American river company... they're from a "reputable company," with high feedback so fingers crossed. That said, my Dad bought some from a shop on eBay at the weekend and he even sent them a picture, the one on here showing the gen/non-gens and the response confirmed that their batteries are like the genuine ones. Coloured ring on the bottom of the batt and a perforated box. We'll see :o

Soldato
Looking for feedback people :)

DSC_1645.jpg

DSC_1646.jpg

Well? Made in Belgium, boxed in flimsy recycled 'open' packaging, expiry of 2022, all box numbers identical, no coloured ring at the base of each battery. The colour of the box/batts feels washed out too :(

I'm saying fake.

Soldato
OP
They should have a laser etched batch/serial on each battery according to Duracell. So many fakes now it's hard to tell.

I buy Tesco or Maplin batteries now save the hassle.

Soldato
Hmm, interesting. We use D cell versions of these in some of our wireless PIR sensors and have been getting premature failures. They're from a respectable electrical wholesaler but I guess that doesn't mean much really.

Associate
They should have a laser etched batch/serial on each battery according to Duracell. So many fakes now it's hard to tell.

I buy Tesco or Maplin batteries now save the hassle.

Look at my post #87. Reply from duracell customer service. Packaging is recycled paper and batteries from Belguim do not have the laser etched number. Those could quite easily be genuine.

Ree

Ree

Associate
i have a big box of these also and my numbers are identical to the picture up above. bin for these then.

Back
Top Bottom