Family member after sub £500 phone

Associate
As per the title an extended family member (older gentleman 90+) is after a new phone as the one he has purchased is a Chinese one which doesn't have access to the play store etc and is full of bloatware. He's asked for a couple of suggestions and has stated he would prefer a samsung. Id like to suggest a couple within sub £500, sub £300 and sub £200 as I'm not really sure of his financial situation. A quick look in the Samsung route seems to be either

S20 FE
A72
A52

Does anyone have any good recommendations in these price brackets? It's going to need a good level of software support,snappy performance and reasonable camera quality.

Thanks in advance

Soldato
I had a samsung A70, lost that got another a70, upgraded that to an a71 and gave the wife the a70

I've looked at reviews for hours and cannot really find anything to justify upgrading to something "better" ( despite me having the money to upgrade if i wanted to)

Check of the prices at CEX for used grade a 71's, don't purchase from majormobile they are about the cheapest but they sent me a a71, it failed, then failed again, took 10 months to get my phone back (unfixed), and samsung said it was not purchased in the UK so *& we aint fixing it...

Soldato
Another vote for the Pixel 4a, unless this extended family member has a specific reason to ask for a Samsung. Otherwise, I'd suggest the comparative simplicity of stock Android would be more than good enough for his needs.

Soldato
Moto g stylus 2021 4G version.

Great phone, decent specs, big screen, decent cameras. Basic but functional Stylus. 128gb storage. Can be bought very cheap. Better than the recent 5G released version as well surprisingly. Got mine brand new for 150.

Only lacking NFC.

Back
Top Bottom