Associate
Hi guys,

I am currently working on a new build and cannot decide how to set up the fans (intake/exhaust).

I have a Lian Li PC 011 DX case and have a corsair H150i Pro cooler which comes with 3 120mm fans.

I also have 6 other 120mm fans which I want to install but I am unsure as to how I should go about setting all of them up?

Was thinking something like this -

But I am not sure what is intaking/exhausting? Please help!!!

Many thanks!

Soldato
Hi guys,

I am currently working on a new build and cannot decide how to set up the fans (intake/exhaust).

I have a Lian Li PC 011 DX case and have a corsair H150i Pro cooler which comes with 3 120mm fans.

I also have 6 other 120mm fans which I want to install but I am unsure as to how I should go about setting all of them up?

Was thinking something like this -

But I am not sure what is intaking/exhausting? Please help!!!

Many thanks!

looks the nicest - exhaust via the top and side . all fans on full show . bottom is intake so you will see the strut support. This is great if you have a powerful GPU that dumps out heat! BUT its negative pressure meaning it'll draw in dust through unfiltered gaps!

Negative pressure is using bottom and side as intake with top as exhaust

below is both bottom and sides acting as intakes! see its spoke side is visible -

View attachment ER59ofZ.jpg

aio at top with fans exhausting air outside- notice no spokes

rKhmuZ6.jpg

Associate
OP
Thank you for responding this is really helpful!

I have a Vega 64 Sapphire nitro + so it's gonna be hot!

Cheers for the pics though. Would you recommend installing the fans and rad before putting the mobo in? Sorry my knowledge is awful lol.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom