Fan speeds after installation

Associate
Hi all,

So ive just installed my first ever fan set up. My question now is do i need to adjust the speeds of the fans in the bios or any settings? Or does this automatically run? I jave breifly looked but didnt want to change settings im unsure of. I see there is an option to select fan smart mode? Also options to select PWM or dc. If any setting change is needed what should i look to change or recommended settings to use!?

Associate
If it's too loud, or too hot then adjust it. Otherwise leave them

You can set up a fan curve in most mobo BIOS too.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If it's too loud, or too hot then adjust it. Otherwise leave them

You can set up a fan curve in most mobo BIOS too.

Do i not have to set these speeds up at all? Or does the motherboard automatically suggest/pick up heat temperatures? Sorry im a newbie at this stuff

Associate
Do i not have to set these speeds up at all? Or does the motherboard automatically suggest/pick up heat temperatures? Sorry im a newbie at this stuff

It would probably be at the stock settings, which are usually quite high

Are your fans connected to the mobo fan headers ?

Associate
Hi all,

So ive just installed my first ever fan set up. My question now is do i need to adjust the speeds of the fans in the bios or any settings? Or does this automatically run? I jave breifly looked but didnt want to change settings im unsure of. I see there is an option to select fan smart mode? Also options to select PWM or dc. If any setting change is needed what should i look to change or recommended settings to use!?

It depends. If your satisfied with the notice and the temperature is low then you don't need to if not you can search on Google for fan profiles

Associate
Hi all,

Usually you customise your fan curve based on what you need. I have multiple settings depending on what I’m doing with my PC. I’d recommend a software control method as it’s easier than going into bios every time you want to make a change

Associate
OP
It would probably be at the stock settings, which are usually quite high

Are your fans connected to the mobo fan headers ?

Yes the fans are connected to mobo headers. By default tho in bios its selected dc and not pwm. I have tried switching to the pwm setting but my fans seem to work harder, which is probably relateable to what youve said about stock settings

Associate
OP
Usually you customise your fan curve based on what you need. I have multiple settings depending on what I’m doing with my PC. I’d recommend a software control method as it’s easier than going into bios every time you want to make a change

Being totally honest im not sure what fan curve id need to do as im not too familiar with fan speeds, and tempertaures to adjust the speeds to! Im slowly learning, haha!

Back
Top Bottom