Fanatec Clubsport/Sim racer Thread

Soldato
I had the t3pa non pro swapped for fanatec csl elite with load cell and wow its like going from a toy to something real. Did you get the brake performance kit too? apparently it turns a very good pedal into an awesome one. What wheel are you using?

Associate
OP
I've spent the past 3 months wishing I just saved a bit more to buy the €1499 Clubsport deal, but I saw a Thrustmaster TS-XW Racer that comes with the non pro pedals for a good deal thinking it was going to be a worthy upgrade from my 10yr old G25. Then wasted more money buying the Pro pedals, to still be unsatisfied, as the spring in the Clutch is the same 'light' spring as the throttle due to when you switch between F1 and GT style. (Though I do find the TS base very good with very strong FFB).

I was watching loads of reviews about the CSL elite pedals, as well as the Clubsport, but I wasn't sure as a lot of YouTube videos are bias about the product they review.

I didn't buy the brake performance kit, as I feel it is going to be a massive upgrade from the T3PA pros. But once funds allow, I may get a damper kit for the brake. :)

Soldato
Surely changing the spring to something stronger in the clutch / throttle should be trivial.

I like the vids from Sim Racing Garage.

It's long form though :) And pretty high end. That guy will spend 45 mins talking and installing a £500 e-break device. He does cheap stuff too (G29 load cell brake mods ect...).

Associate
OP
Surely changing the spring to something stronger in the clutch / throttle should be trivial.

I like the vids from Sim Racing Garage.

It's long form though :) And pretty high end. That guy will spend 45 mins talking and installing a £500 e-break device. He does cheap stuff too (G29 load cell brake mods ect...).

I did that, by taking the spring from the brake of the t3pa and putting it into the pro. But it still wasn't that great... Anyway, had to swap the spring back when I sold the non pro pedals.

There's a guy on ebay that does a load cell for the T3PA pro for £90, but I just felt I wanted something a lot better, as I had my heart set on the Fanatec gear for a long time. :)

Associate
I'll be doing exactly what you did OP. Going from t3pa pro to v3's.
Right after I get a triple monitor stand and two more monitors :D The list of 'wants' seems endless at the moment!

Associate
OP
I'll be doing exactly what you did OP. Going from t3pa pro to v3's.
Right after I get a triple monitor stand and two more monitors :D The list of 'wants' seems endless at the moment!

That's my trouble, my list of wants seems endless too... I will have to save for the Clubsport v2.5 wheel base, and a couple of rims.

My rig so far;

g5EP5cc.jpg

Associate
I started with the wheelstand and then got subframe and seat. So I don't have the tray, kb&mouse is on a stool next to me :D

I currently have one monitor right over my wheelbase so using the correct fov I can't see much which makes close racing difficult. Ordering the GT Omega triple monitor stand next week and two more monitors the week after.

I'll change wheelbase when my t300 dies.

What SIM are you playing?

Associate
OP
I love my GT Omega rig. I was thinking of going for triple monitors, but I'm not sure as I have VR.

Mainly play Project cars 2 and Assetto Corsa. I would love to get into iRacing, but not sure I would benefit paying a subscription with only a few hrs a week spare.

Associate
I thought about VR but going with triples.

Just last week I built my first PC, basically for iRacing. I played AC and Pcars1/2 on Ps4. iRacing has been great so far. I love the way its structured.
Ive only done three races so still in rookie but hopefully one or two more will see me to D licence.

There is a code so you can get 3months for $12. Maybe sign up and see if you like it.

Associate
OP
Awesome! Now you've built your first PC, you'll be non stop tinkering, and upgrading it. I speak from 20 yrs experience lol.

Sounds great! - I'll love to get on to it. I'll have a look at their website, and maybe sign up. ;)

Associate
PC should be good for a few years but everything else around it is a different matter :D

I've only overclocked ram so far PC runs iRacing with pretty much everything on high, I've locked it to 80fps and no dips in frames.

I'll send you a pm with the code as it's not on the website.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah, same here, I used to upgrade every time something new came out, but my CPU is just as fast in games as the latest and greatest... So spending money on things that I plan to keep.

Sounds great.

Nice one, I really appreciate it mate. :)

Associate
OP
Yep, all housed on my GT Omega Pro cockpit.

I am selling the Thrustmaster TS-XW wheel base and Ferrari 599XX Evo, on the usual sites, as I'm planning to go for the full Clubsport setup. :)
26VOdmZ.jpg

Soldato
Yep, all housed on my GT Omega Pro cockpit.

I am selling the Thrustmaster TS-XW wheel base and Ferrari 599XX Evo, on the usual sites, as I'm planning to go for the full Clubsport setup. :)
26VOdmZ.jpg
Nice. Just bit the bullet myself byebye t300 hello OSW and asher racing button box. I was going to go the fanatec route but I know the osw itch will always need scratching. Should be a nice upgrade. :D will post pics when it turns up.
https://sim-pli.city/collections/all/products/sw20-v2-20nm-direct-drive-wheel
https://www.ascher-racing.com/shop/buttonplate-c26l/

Associate
OP
Nice. Just bit the bullet myself byebye t300 hello OSW and asher racing button box. I was going to go the fanatec route but I know the osw itch will always need scratching. Should be a nice upgrade. :D will post pics when it turns up.
https://sim-pli.city/collections/all/products/sw20-v2-20nm-direct-drive-wheel
https://www.ascher-racing.com/shop/buttonplate-c26l/

Nice! - If only I could get away with spending that amount of money on a Direct drive wheel without the misses knowing... Lol.
Unfortunately, my limit is the Fanatec CSW, which is as close as I'm gonna get to a direct drive. Very Envious indeed! :)

That's a really nice setup there! :)

Thanks, though I've just sold the Thrustmaster wheel, and awaiting my Fanatec Clubsport base v2.5, and the GT Motorsport universal hub to arrive this week Weds from Germany. :)

5ra73dK.jpg
Button box coming on Tuesday.:(
After several hours of messing about finally got it working. First impressions wow what a beast.:D

Love it! - I bet it is a beast indeed, as the TS-XW had 6.4NM of torque which was strong enough, and if that's the 20NM Servo, then that is thumb snapping torque!! Very envious, enjoy it mate. :)

Back
Top Bottom