Fans for hardware labs gts radiators

Associate
can someone give me some advice on fans that would be suitable to use on a gts 280 and 420. Was thinking either silent wings 3 high speed or Corsair ml pro. Any input would be much appreciated.

Soldato
I think the fin spacing and thickness of GTS rads has varied over the years. This will really impact suitable fan choice, especially in terms of speed range.

Could you post a pic?

Associate
OP
uEsZygk

Man of Honour
is that radiator new?
looks very cruddy inside. would be worth giving it a good washout before you use it.

also, those fins are very densely packed. you'll be looking to need a high static pressure fan.

first off, would need to know your budget for the fans. and also if you would want/need trash such as rgb bling bling

Associate
OP
I’m not over fussed about rgb and if I wanted it I was going to get some Phanteks digital fan halos. I not really bothered about how much the fans cost. Just want the best fans suited to these radiators.

So should I go Corsair ml pro 2000rpm or silent wings 3 1600rpm? Or do you suggest something different altogether?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Well yeah but just the type isn’t it ;)

Superb fans...
Haha yeah. Just being pedantic that's all :p

Thing with eloops is that it cannot be mounted in a pull config, only push.
Eloops make funny noises if it's mounted in a pull config iirc

RSR

RSR

Soldato

I have mine (B12-P) in pull on the front rad and push on the top and I've not noticed any funny noises, if anything they have been a lot quieter than the ML's

Man of Honour
I have mine (B12-P) in pull on the front rad and push on the top and I've not noticed any funny noises, if anything they have been a lot quieter than the ML's
Interesting...I remember reading some reviews a few years ago when the eloops first came out when they said it made a weird droning noise when mounted in pull config. Maybe just a bad batch lol

Soldato
Haha yeah. Just being pedantic that's all :p

Depends how you fit them, mine seem ok but plenty of space between the rad fins and fans. Most likely due to the magnetic lev you have something catching... in theory the airs flow should be identical over the fan parts so again theoretically it’s not the fan causing the strange noise.

Back
Top Bottom