• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fans not spinning - MSI Gaming 6GB GTX 980 TI

Permabanned
So I bought this off an online auction place we all know.

I've just gotten round to fitting it, PC powers up and I get the display and everything. The fan even spin.

Once into desktop they stop spinning.

Faulty?

Permabanned
OP
Your right, soon as it hit 60c they kicked in. Thank god for that.

What software can I can use to make them run 100% all the time?

Soldato
I used to have only one monitor connected and it would idle at 30c with the fans off. Even though they're quiet, I like the zero fans. With 2 monitors it'll idle at 59c with no spikes. Personally, just keep them as they are. I like them silent when watching films and stuff - nothing ruins it like fan noise lol.

Associate
Why would you want your fans to run at 100% all the time? There's no need for the fans to be running if you're on the desktop and they will start running once you actually need them.
or just create a custom fan curve to have them running at a low speed for desktop work and much faster in gaming.

Associate
There is nothing wrong with them not running on the desktop if the GPU is under 50c then it doesn't require cooling, so why run the fans?
OP said he was going to run them at 100%, that's why I suggested a custom fan curve.

60 degrees seems high for the fans to kick in. If I was using the quiet mode I'd reduce the startup point to 40-45 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom