FAO Dangerous - photo sizes

Associate
What is the photo size limit for OcUK? I was under the impression it was 800x600 but I can't find any referrence to it in the FAQs or the stickies.

If it is 800x could you consider changing it to 1024x ?

The reason I asked is that I want to start using 1024x for my photos. Less than 2% of visitors to my website still use 800x600 seems insane to be supporting such a small percentage.

Cheers!

Associate
Id like 1024x as well, I always thought it was 800x but ive seen loads of photos way over that on here. Never been able to find a rule in the FAQs either.

Soldato
As far as i can see the image size limit appears to be within specific topics rather than set as an overall. e.g The All New Desktop Thread, Images No Larger Than 800x600 in windows and other software has the 800 x 600 but in The High-Res Screenshot Thread! in the pc games section you can go over this size of 800 x 600. The judges of the photo comps would prefer a larger image to a smaller on so they can pick out detail etc so I dont think that raising the image size being too much of an issue :)

Soldato
There hasn't been a size limit enforced in P&V for years now and very few people still stick to the 800px rule.

The only reason that you might want to is for people like me that browse on a phone every now and then, but even that isn't as large an issue as it used to be.

Back
Top Bottom