Far right terror is the "fastest growing" threat to the UK

Soldato
Lol @ all the people in this thread using pretty awful statistics to bash other people they disagree with politically. They don't actually care about terrorism, just trying oh so hard to link them to it. "See! You're the problem!!!"

:rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Sadly, that is also a common point of view. Sucks to be a classical liberal these days as everyone hates you.

Especially the modern liberals, since their ideology is completely anti-liberal. There isn't really a name any more for people who favour a centrist, tolerant, egalitarian, diverse approach. All those words have been thoroughly corrupted apart from "centrist", which has instead been villified.

On the plus side, I can reasonably expect to be dead before things get really bad.

Associate
Especially the modern liberals, since their ideology is completely anti-liberal. There isn't really a name any more for people who favour a centrist, tolerant, egalitarian, diverse approach. All those words have been thoroughly corrupted apart from "centrist", which has instead been villified.

On the plus side, I can reasonably expect to be dead before things get really bad.

I find it amusing that a certain political view is defined by the powers that be as "far right", and yet it is this "far right" political viewpoint which best guarantees a liberal society.

Caporegime

IE, lets ignore the former because the latter is bigger. They're both ****, is what you really want to say.

Curious isn't it, it's like the Knife issue, London is the biggest in absolute numbers, but the biggest growth are outside of it, but that doesn't suit the narrative of hurting that dastardly Khan, so lets ignore that.

A rational person would say the you stop it regardless before it peaks on it's own.

Caporegime
A rational person would want to deal with all of it but you put your resources towards the bigger of the problems.

Ignoring the biggest problem to focus a smaller issue is just dumb.

I never implied that, but over your numerous posts have seemingly justified ignoring these particular terrorists (maybe not directly), or at least being disingenuous about tackling the root problems as they unfortunately correlate with right wing/nationalist positions and would damage the credibility of those who push them.

It's all the more disingenuous as we've had almost a decade of police cuts, caused by the very party predisposed to defend the police, and which seems currently to want to take the support of these very nationalistic folk. (they've destroyed the reasoning for which the police were cut)

The fact that it's now increasingly institutionalised is exactly why i feel it should be tackled hard and fast now, before it sets in. That doesn't mean i'm arguing that we now ignore islamism, it should keep whatever level of resources the police feel is necessary, but you're such a fan of balance, you should be arguing for the police to focus a balanced level of resources to combating the "fastest growing threat". Indeed focusing on voting in governments that don't DEFUND them.

What you're doing is taking a proverbial flood light, which the services have rightly increased the scope of and found that there's a bunch of stupid barbarians running at the proverbial gates of this free society, and you're wanting to shift it away from them onto the group that's been in the light for decades, because it might expose positions to scrutiny or hate preachers that you might think aren't preaching hate. It's funny that you likely hate (rightly) Anjem Choudary, but not Ann Coulter, or Katie Hopkins or whatever flavour of the day it is now. Maybe i'm wrong, i'd hope to be at least.

Last edited:
Soldato
Did the Conservatives cause the recession that meant we had to cut all government spending, not just Police spending, then StriderX? I swear it was Labour with the huge budget surplus that left government with a note saying they'd run out of money. It must be the party that was elected post recession being forced to make cuts that's the problem, not the complete lack of money due to the previous party.

Soldato
IE, lets ignore the former because the latter is bigger.

but over your numerous posts have seemingly justified ignoring these particular terrorists (maybe not directly),

"Ignore"???? No-one has said that on this thread so why would you think that is what people are saying?

Instead what everyone seems to be saying is lets divide scarce resources so that the most important threat (which seems to have gone quiet in the press recently) gets the most resources and the lesser threat (which is getting all the press right now) gets lesser resources. It's not perfect but as we don't have infinite money/police/SS/SIS to deal with every terrorist regardless of their cause, it's best we can currently do.

Associate
Did the Conservatives cause the recession that meant we had to cut all government spending, not just Police spending, then StriderX? I swear it was Labour with the huge budget surplus that left government with a note saying they'd run out of money. It must be the party that was elected post recession being forced to make cuts that's the problem, not the complete lack of money due to the previous party.

I don't think 'Surplus' means what you think it does. Also blaming Labour for the global financial crisis is pretty bold.

Our economy would have been a right mess after the crash regardless of which party was in power.

Caporegime
OP
Post "credit crunch" analysis indicates stimulating the economy would have gotten us out of recession sooner than austerity, plus without the police cuts, cuts to social care etc it's likely that crime and more importantly knife crime wouldn't have gotten as bad.

Back
Top Bottom