FarCry 2 - 1680x1050 4xFSAA + Quad Core = 40% boost

Soldato
well this is another one game that "may" improve with a quad cpu.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with using a game like crysis for testing limits of a gpu. I was merely commenting on what mohawk was saying.

Deleted member 61728

D

Deleted member 61728

Why does this make me worry about FC2 when that link says 2x Geforce 8800 Ultras just to run FC2 dx9 @ 1,680 x 1,050 res at high.Is there any hope for people with a single 8800GTx planning to run this @1920X1200 res on some high settings?

Soldato
aye but some people are crazy, apprently every graphics card is now based on how well it can run crysis..... i mean its one game *shrugs*

Heaven forbid we use the most demanding game on the market as a benchmark or barometer for graphics card performance. Seriously, that was a pretty dumb post to make. If it can run the most demanding game well, then it can do the job for pretty much any others out there, thus guaranteeing satisfactory performance across the board.

The only person being crazy is you.

Soldato
lol i make one comment on someone elses comment and i get flammed, meh

also read 2nd post
well this is another one game that "may" improve with a quad cpu.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with using a game like crysis for testing limits of a gpu. I was merely commenting on what mohawk was saying.

I honestly dont care as long as it plays

Caporegime
Why does this make me worry about FC2 when that link says 2x Geforce 8800 Ultras just to run FC2 dx9 @ 1,680 x 1,050 res at high.Is there any hope for people with a single 8800GTx planning to run this @1920X1200 res on some high settings?

Not really, but would you be happier if they released FC2 with graphics that looked no better than CoD4 on high?

I for one think it's far better that they code in a vast range of graphical detail levels to

a) cater for a large range of PC hardware

b) give the game longevity

People like you confuse me as you seem to want to sacrifice future awesomeness for your "yes but can I max it out on my GTX" e-peen.

Deleted member 61728

D

Deleted member 61728

Im not saying anything about that future games should all be kept back graphically because of hardware i support the enhancements to games in the future.However its one thing when a game company say a piece of certain hardware can run a certain game maxed out and another when some time later they say twice the amount of hardware is required to do the same job graphically.

Don
hang on, these are the test systems they're comapring..

System 1 (DX9)
CPU: Core 2 Quad QX6700
GPU 2x Geforce 8800 Ultra
RAM: 2,5 GiByte
Chipset: Nforce 780i SLI or 680i SLI

System 2 (DX10)
CPU: Core 2 Quad QX9650
GPU: Geforce GTX 280
RAM: 4 GiByte

wtf is wrong with reviewers...

keep hardware the same, keep os the same, change one variable at a time

ffs