1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farewell Sir Ken Dodd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flibster, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Roland Butter

Perma Banned

Well, that's for you to say, £11 Million would be better used in the public purse don't you think ?

Tax dodgers are not only sticking two fingers up to the Taxman they are sticking two fingers up to you, the brainless sucker who pays tax.

2. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

That's not tax dodging to be honest, anyone is within their rights to do that.

3. Fubsy

Sgarrista

Getting married is tax dodging now?

4. Chris Wilson

Mobster

Tax minimization, what an accountant is paid for. Very different to tax evasion. If he had not done this it would show he either hated his wife and family, loved and supported the government's usage of inheritance tax, or he was an idiot. Those Diddy Men were a good little earner it seems :)

5. Screeeech

Mobster

He earnt it and saved it, the government doesn’t deserve it. It’s far better to keep it to support his family, rather than hand it over to a stupid, cretinous, incompetent government, who will just **** it up the wall on nothing.

6. StriderX

Capodecina

Would you have the same opinion if the government was perfectly competent?

7. Roland Butter

Perma Banned

No, but it's utterly cynical, and the female should have told him to eff off,

" thanks Ken, after all them years of good health you've finally committed yourself to me
    when you only have a few days left to live, what girl could refuse such a romantic proposal ? " ;)

8. Screeeech

Mobster

Probably not in it’s current form, combined with all the other explicit and hidden taxes we pay, I think inheritance tax is fundamentally and morally wrong.

9. wedrum

Mobster

Absolutely we would all do the same

10. Yadda

Wise Guy

"Ken Dodd died almost a year ago."

"Diddy?"

"Yes, he did."

:(

11. robfosters

Caporegime

i would tbh. I hate inheritance tax. The government tax you all the way through life, then want to tax you when your dead as well. Never sat right with me. They were together for 40 years. To me, they’re as good as married anyway. They just made it official before he popped off.

12. robfosters

Caporegime

Yep, and his two lawyers handled his will and tax affairs, Diddy Pay and Diddy ****.

13. Thekwango

Capodecina

you seem to know more about the details of their relationship than the rest of us on here. does Anne Dodd (nee Jones) confide in you?

14. Yadda

Wise Guy

:D

15. J.T

Mobster

Well played sir, well played! :)

16. Brizzles

Soldato

never a fan of his humour, but certainly a smart move and i,m sure he would be laughing in heaven. fair play ken

17. Chris Wilson

Mobster

He worked damned hard. he was legendary for over running and giving his audience a lot more than they had willingly paid for. I think a large swath of the UK population grinned when he last had a run in with the dreaded tax man. The converse of Philip Green in many ways. If he took perfectly proper advantage of the UK inheritance tax laws good look to the guy. How many here give more than they need to, or refuse to claim back what's rightfully theirs or their families? Hell gay relationships spent years trying for similar tax rights as others. Diddy Pay and Diddy **** [Chuckle] ;)

18. stockhausen

Capodecina

I believe that Ken Dodd was legendary for being tight as a drum and hiding cash in the attic?

19. Kutter

Mobster

he already paid tax on it when he earned it. why should the gov get to tax it again.

20. TheOracle

Capodecina

This!! Us suckers pay far too much tax, the government constantly wastes it.

I'd have done the same.