• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fastest passive singleslot card?

Associate
Hi there,

I've got a question that I'm hoping some of you helpful OcUK-ers will be able to help me out with. I've got an aging shuttle that I'm looking to upgrade the gfx card in. My only problem is that I need it to be single slot and passive? Does anyone know what the fastest one would be?

Free cookie to the winner!

Soldato
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4670 Ultimate

Heh thats my card, nice bit of kit but I'm not sure if technically its a single slot design, there is a single slot free on the left side (where the fan usually is) but the cards radiator extends both upwards and to the right!

I think there is just enough space on the right of the card to accept a low profile card of some sort but not a full height one otherwise it will clash!

e8400true01.jpg

Soldato
Wanted a cool running and quiet HD4670, tried a regular Sapphire that was too noisy, tried an ASUS that was well too noisy, tried a Powercolour that was too hot (105°C) so thought **** it and just bought the Ultimate HD4670 and stuck a quiet 80mm on the roof! :p

28°C Idle - 48°C Load and its quiet, very happy! :cool:

Associate
Hey Big Wayne - was wondering if you could tell me the max height/max width of the 4670 ultimate as it looks a bit chunky? Did look it up on sapphires site but they dont seem to list dimensions.

Soldato
Just some photos showing the backside of the card and how the bulk of the radiator is on the top and the rear of the Sapphire card. I can't give specific dimensions atm but lets just say its got a big bOOty! :p

sapphirehd4670ultimateba.jpg

The keen eye amoungst you may notice I've Blu Tacked on my 80mm fan lol! :o This is a very stop gap solution as I'm using an open bench and therefore not benefiting from the fan on the case side panel dedicated to GPU cooling! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom