Fastest Powerbank?

Soldato
My INIU PD quick charge powerbank doesn't really cut it anymore. It used to charge my S7 Edge very quickly and only use 20 to 30% of the powerbanks battery. But on my S21 FE it takes much longer plus it uses much more of the powerbank's battery. Apparently my powerbank does 22.5w. I think I'd need something like 40w+ but is there such a powerbank?

Caporegime
My INIU PD quick charge powerbank doesn't really cut it anymore. It used to charge my S7 Edge very quickly and only use 20 to 30% of the powerbanks battery. But on my S21 FE it takes much longer plus it uses much more of the powerbank's battery. Apparently my powerbank does 22.5w. I think I'd need something like 40w+ but is there such a powerbank?
Type Charmast 65w into Amazon search

Soldato
OP
Type Charmast 65w into Amazon search

Thanks rob. I found it. Problem is, many Amazon customers leaving reviews saying not as advertised in terms of speed and capacity. So I'm starting to look at a few others that are 65w and haven't found one yet where there isn't a complaint about actually capacity and charging speed. Anker does one which is quite a bit more expensive and even that has its critics. Still, that said, I'm going to buy one of them and see how it goes. I'm sure any of them will be faster than mine. There's one brand which has the percentage display like my one which I prefer.

Soldato
OP
S21 fe has a 4500mAh battery vs 3600mAh on the S7 so will need a bigger powerbank if you want the same number of recharges.

Yep, I certainly need a 20,000mAh+ powerbank as mine is only 10,500.

S21Fe pulls 25w max.

If you want to achieve that you'll need a powerbank that supports PPS charging

Ah, I see. That would account for people saying they're not getting the advertised charging speed. I don't know anything about PPS charging but I'll have a look for PPS powerbanks. Are you saying that although my phone only pulls 25w, PPS will allow it to pull more?

The charging speed I get is ok, just not as good as I was used to, but I guess it's to be expected with the bigger phone battery.

Soldato
The other thing people moan about is the total capacity. If your phone is 4,500mAh and you buy a 10,000mAh battery, it wont manage two charges. You get around 60-65% of what they quote. There is an actual mathematical reason to it, which I can't remember but basically, if you buy a 20,000 you'll get about 12,500mAh. so maybe 3 charges.

Soldato
OP
The other thing people moan about is the total capacity. If your phone is 4,500mAh and you buy a 10,000mAh battery, it wont manage two charges. You get around 60-65% of what they quote. There is an actual mathematical reason to it, which I can't remember but basically, if you buy a 20,000 you'll get about 12,500mAh. so maybe 3 charges.

3 charges will be absolutely fine for my needs. I rarely ever needed that much for my S7. It's the speed of charging that's more important. I used to charge the S7 and it gained 40 or 50% in very little time whereas with this phone it just seems to take quite long, but it's not the end of the world. Looking at the positive side, at least I have relatively quick charging on the move, so it's not like I'm ever going to have my phone die on me. :)

Soldato
Yep, I certainly need a 20,000mAh+ powerbank as mine is only 10,500.

Ah, I see. That would account for people saying they're not getting the advertised charging speed. I don't know anything about PPS charging but I'll have a look for PPS powerbanks. Are you saying that although my phone only pulls 25w, PPS will allow it to pull more?

The charging speed I get is ok, just not as good as I was used to, but I guess it's to be expected with the bigger phone battery.
25W is the phones max power draw. And it needs a pps charger to get it. Otherwise max is 18w via a standard pd charger

Soldato
I used to charge the S7 and it gained 40 or 50% in very little time whereas with this phone it just seems to take quite long
Forgive me for stating the obvious, I'm sure you already realise, but don't forget if you have a larger battery, 30% is more mAh and it charges at mA per hour not % per hour. Only a small difference, but could mean what took 30 minutes in a smaller phone, will take 40 minutes charging at exactly the same speed.... if you know what I mean?

Soldato
OP
Forgive me for stating the obvious, I'm sure you already realise, but don't forget if you have a larger battery, 30% is more mAh and it charges at mA per hour not % per hour. Only a small difference, but could mean what took 30 minutes in a smaller phone, will take 40 minutes charging at exactly the same speed.... if you know what I mean?
Thanks, I think I know what you mean. Well I'm out in Oxford Street and I've just plugged my powerbank in with my phone battery at 15%, and it says 1 hour 23 minutes until full. That about the same speed others are getting on here with similar spec phones/batteries? Actually, that's a smidgeon quicker than my home wall charger. The home charger is only 15w so I guess this powerbank isn't really 22.5w and probably under 20w.

Back
Top Bottom