1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest USB 4TB HDD?

Discussion in 'Storage Drives' started by lettuce, Oct 26, 2018.

1. lettuce

Wise Guy

Am after a 4TB USB harddrive for my Xbox and whilst ive been looking ive noticed its seems hard to find out what speed USB harddrivers are weather there 7200 or 5400rpm. Does anyone know what the fastest USB 3 4TB is on the market at the moment?

2. Zefan

Don

If you want to be sure, you can spec up an internal drive and just get an enclosure.

3. lettuce

Wise Guy

Doesn't that void warranty though?. Also id like to be able to take my games and plug into friends xbox's etc

4. ANDARIAL

Soldato

I think Zefan means buy a USB 3 enclosure and fit the fastest HDD you can find into it

5. Vargas

Mobster

6. lettuce

Wise Guy

7. hornetstinger

Soldato

If you buy WD black I'd want a fan cooled usb enclosure as even my WD elements gets warm, unsure what model inside is.

Or you could use a 4tb SSD !!

8. Maundie

Wise Guy

I just use a My Passport drive on my Xbox and not noticed any issues with it, as long as they are USB 3 then I think you are fine.

You can buy dedicated Xbox and PS one's but I think they are just a gimmick as they're the same drives just in a different color enclosure and pre-formatted.