Fault testing

Associate
Afternoon ,

Having some issues recently ,mostly regarding crashing during gameplay ,

I've also noticed like a ticking coming from my computer ,which is very intermittent

Im not completely sure its coming from the Psu unit [is there any way of fault testing ] preferably software run

Ive tested my ssd drives and they seem to be fine ,I just think possibly the PSU when under load ?

System is i7 8700k ,20180ti,16gb 3600 and Corsair TX 550M

Any help appreciated please

Man of Honour
The psu may be at it's limit as a 2080ti can draw 300w by itself, even more if overclocking. Depending on the version of the TX-M you have you either have 540w on the 12v rail with the bronze version or 516w on the 12v rail with the gold version. Personally I would want at least a 750w psu to power a 2080ti plus I would be powering it from two seperate pci-e leads and not a single lead with a pair of daisy chained connectors.

Associate
OP
The psu may be at it's limit as a 2080ti can draw 300w by itself, even more if overclocking. Depending on the version of the TX-M you have you either have 540w on the 12v rail with the bronze version or 516w on the 12v rail with the gold version. Personally I would want at least a 750w psu to power a 2080ti plus I would be powering it from two seperate pci-e leads and not a single lead with a pair of daisy chained connectors.
Ok ill go look for a 750 ,could you recommend one ,there not cheap lately

▷ Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 750W 80 PLUS Gol… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk) ??

Last edited:
Man of Honour
That Superflower or the Phanteks Amp 750w would be perfect. The Phanteks would be my choice as it has 3 extra years warranty (10 years compared to the Superflowers 7 years) and it doesn't have pointless, tacky led's.

Associate
OP
Im since also wondering if its something also to do with the Firmstorm software i have installed [this has a overclock scanner on it ]

Could this also have the Graphics card crashing out during gameplay ?

Ive purchased the Phantecs first see if that sorts it out

Last edited:
Top Bottom