Faulty 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide - Advice on what to replace it with?

Soldato
My monitor has recently failed and I'm trying to decide what to replace it with? My initial thoughts are whether to buy another 34"ultrawide , as I quite like the form factor, or whether to switch to a 32" 1440p/4k monitor instead? I could maybe manage a 38" ultrawide on my desk but the price seems to jump considerably with 38" displays so perhaps better sticking to 34"?

I'm not sure whether it's worth bothering with a higher refresh rate model as I've generally been happy with the 60hz on my current though presumably higher is better. Most 1440p monitors seem to be 100hz+ these days. Price wise I guess around £500 though I'd spend more if it provided a worthwhile improvement.

In terms of my usage it's generally for productivity, browsing and programming. I do like a bit of gaming occasionally but mainly sim stuff like elite or euro truck and strategy games. Plus a bit of retro emulation.

Would appreciate any advice and suggestions. What have others in this situation done?

Last edited:
Associate
I would stay with Ultrawide tbh - There are many 3440X1440 Ultrawide but the 34" LG 34GN850-B is an awesome one - It's close to £800 though so quite the investment.

Alternatively, if you want to stick to 1440p QHD, I suggest the Gigabyte M32Q, which is IPS and high refresh rate too!

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm still trying to make my mind up but at the moment thinking probably either a 34"/ 38" ultrawide or a 32" 1440p/4k display? So still a bit unsure which size/aspect would suit me best!

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm still trying to make my mind up but at the moment thinking probably either a 34"/ 38" ultrawide or a 32" 1440p/4k display? So still a bit unsure which size/aspect would suit me best!

Black Friday is coming in a month so you have time - Be sure, purchase 1-2 things and give it a try then!

Associate
Yeah, it's a slightly older model - I personally would say the newer VA panels are better options but IPS still tops it for me!

Back
Top Bottom