Faulty Ram or overall flaky mobo/cpu?

Associate
Hi again you helpful people. I've had my 5700xt rma'd recently, as I was having issues with stut tt ter in ing in all games.. Anyway, this system is driving me mad now. (new gpu still stutters but doesn't artifact).

Anyway, I've just upgraded my ram from x2 8GB Patriot viper steel 3600mhz cl17 to x2 16GB Patriot viper steel 3600mhz cl18.

Mobo is a msi b450 tomahawk max with a ryzen 3600 cpu and with the 16gb (x2 8gb) installed I can select xmp 1 or 2 and everything is fine. However with the 32gb installed I cant xmp no more...

Flakey memory controller? Flakey mobo? Or DOA ram? The 32gb 'seems' fine at default speed.

Manually inputting speed, volts, timings is also a fail.

When I xmp it either boot loop for a while, freezes on post or freezes as soon as the blue windows icon appears..

This pc is ruining my soul lmao, gonna sell it and get an xbox soon half joking but getting close.

Associate
Hi again you helpful people. I've had my 5700xt rma'd recently, as I was having issues with stut tt ter in ing in all games.. Anyway, this system is driving me mad now. (new gpu still stutters but doesn't artifact).

Anyway, I've just upgraded my ram from x2 8GB Patriot viper steel 3600mhz cl17 to x2 16GB Patriot viper steel 3600mhz cl18.

Mobo is a msi b450 tomahawk max with a ryzen 3600 cpu and with the 16gb (x2 8gb) installed I can select xmp 1 or 2 and everything is fine. However with the 32gb installed I cant xmp no more...

Flakey memory controller? Flakey mobo? Or DOA ram? The 32gb 'seems' fine at default speed.

Manually inputting speed, volts, timings is also a fail.

When I xmp it either boot loop for a while, freezes on post or freezes as soon as the blue windows icon appears..

This pc is ruining my soul lmao, gonna sell it and get an xbox soon half joking but getting close.

I Bought the same stuff, i could run it at 3400 but no higher, id get the same issue.

i sent it back and bought the 8pac RAM which was considerably more expensive, but it works a treat.

Back
Top Bottom