Faulty subwoofer?

Soldato
Since owning my Sub I have noticed it always seems to play a constant tone at the end of a sub needed scene, loading humming for say 3 seconds past the scene.

I'm using a 15m meet cable so not sure if that's the issue... When I run EQ setup via Yamaha mic, it always reports warning L3 which is related to sub.

Any ideas what to do? It's a from firing subwoofer.... Velodyne EQ Max 8

Soldato
Yep I would suggest the cable. I use QED cables and their Performance cable that I have at 10m has been working flawlessly for 7 years. Not cheapest but not stupid expensive either.

And QED Silver Anniversary for the other speakers. Again they work really well and no issues. Just standard banana plug myself however no idea if something like the QED Airloc really makes a difference as to change all the plug ends would cost me £200 alone.

Soldato
OP
Just to double check a few things... I have my sub set to direct and have the single RCA cable plugged into LFE in

On the amp settings it asks if it is active or passive?.... I have set it at 80hz on amp as well...

I'm not getting constant humming.... It just seems to hang once it's outputting the movie scene

Last edited:
Soldato
New cable fixed it

Thought I'd do a search before starting a new thread and you've had exactly the same problem I'm having.

I've got a BK sub that has been humming for a while. Due to the layout of my old house, it was plugged in using an el cheapo 10m cable and since moving I've just used the same cable, however, now about 8 of those metres are coiled up at the back of the amp, next to all the power cables for various devices too. The humming has finally annoyed me to the point where I need to do something about it. Hopefully a new cable will sort mine too!

Soldato
New cable fitted last night and it seems to have sorted the problem. I just wish I'd done it sooner instead of putting up with it for the last 6 months. I managed to get a 3m QED Performance sub cable for £24, less clutter round the back with looped up cable and it definitely feels higher quality than my old cable.

Back
Top Bottom