US: Fear the Walking Dead

Soldato
Not watched the latest episode yet. Just watched the ep with skelly arm Alicia.

Not sure if it was supposed to be 100% centred on Alicia but she is a good character and we know how TWD is for killing off main characters.

Soldato
Not watched the latest episode yet. Just watched the ep with skelly arm Alicia.

Not sure if it was supposed to be 100% centred on Alicia but she is a good character and we know how TWD is for killing off main characters.

That's the latest episode and mid-season finale - back around Feb 22.

Alicia bitten and fighting the infection and as Strand is now the villain, Morgan will no doubt kill him off :( and then it really does become the Morgan show - bum.

Soldato
Ep 9 and 10 are out now.

Ep 9: what a crap start to the season! 3/4 about feelings, thought I was watching Discovery!

And then:

Don't come with me, I get people killed.

I'm coming with you - oh I'm dead.

Soldato
Ep10 was better:

Charlie!! I'm hoping they can find some medicine to treat her radiation sickness - there are some radiation experts still alive. But i think Charlie may be used to stir up conflict when Maddison returns and she gets killed off :(

Charlie's boyfriend - omg :( I quite liked the kid and was hoping he may stay on, but i guess he was just a maguffin for us to see another side of Charlie and for us to care more about her - i'll never forgive her for Nick!!

Strand - makes no sense he is the Evil dictator and miss his tricks and deceit, which were used for the good of the original group.

Soldato
9) Alicia encounters a deaf musician in an isolated house. He blasts music super loud all the time just so he can feel the vibrations. We're told this doesn't attract the walkers because he has "sound-proofed" the house so he can blast his music as loud as he wants. This so-called "sound-proofing" is literally just a mattress leaned against a window.

10) Later in the same episode, this same deaf musician fires a 6 shooter revolver 10 times without reloading. He also loudly blasts his music to fight bad guys because apparently if they can't hear him they can't shoot him or Alicia (or something dumb like that). He also plays the bagpipes so that Alicia can escape - because she has a little known superpower that renders her invisible when bagpipes are playing.

:cry:

Soldato
Shall I not mention the fact that outside of the auditorium they kill two guys armed with ARs, but rather than picking them up and ending the immediate threat right there they just leave the rifles on the bodies.

Man of Honour
I've given up on this again as well as the main show to be honest. I just can't deal with how incredibly dumb it is at times. Shame as I'm in the mood for something like this but have either watched or not interested in anything I'm aware of in a similar vein.

Soldato
It gets worse.

An old man throws someone off the tower without any resistance and then walks through a crowd of zombies who don't bring him down, just decide to nibble on him a bit. And the bit on the sewer tunnel was laughable - supposed to be a tense moment, but was cringe worthy.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Yeah this whole arc is absurd. It doesn't make a lot of sense..What is the show trying to achieve??

Soldato
Up to date now.

The show is so much better (not too much though) with Morgan been sidelined and Alicia back in the lead. It did get annoying, all the fainting and whispering speeches - thought i was watching Discovery!!

Enjoyed the redemption arc, although after all that, he just got in a boat and rowed away with very little fight - he even gave a little wave!! I do miss the old Strand. He was great as the conman, but who always came through for the team.

Looks like Alicia has broken her fever and we'll see her back to being a bad ass (hopefully) and nice set up/reminder of Madison................:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Season 8, Ep 1, the final season is out.

Was a tad confusing as we seem to have a 7 year time jump. Terrible episode and acting was garbage.

Also seems to completely be the Morgan Show as they mentioned Alicia is dead and they haven't seen Victor or any of the others for the 7 years.

Hopefully, this isn't the case and we see them all again, because if not and they died off camera etc - this will be the biggest FU to those of us that have been with the show since the beginning.

I'd love to stop watching, but I'm too far invested - this really was a poor start to the season :(

Reactions: Kyo

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I hope this picks up it kinda spoiled since Morgan joined. Will check it out soon.

Didn't it show Madison is back somehow last season iirc?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Absolute awful start. Starting to get sick of Morgan. You would have thought they learn by now the pros and cons particularly working with children.

You telling me they spent all this time building the community and keeping their loved one safe and together. They just give up their child for 8 years to a place ran by people who blackmail them and have their own nefarious plans. Doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom