Feather edge cladding plus old slate tiles...

Associate
Evening all.

I'm wondering if anybody has any advice regarding roofline products... specifically dry verge and the like.

I have clad an old battered brick outhouse in feather edge, as below..

11t041z.jpg

My issue is that - without ripping all the tiles off and realigning them - I can't actually ensure an overhang. If anything - the feather edge sticks out by about 10mm. I had contemplated using some lead free flashing tape as a short term (5yrs max) fix - as I'm hoping to knock the whole thing down and re-build a garage at some point - but I'm now wondering if i could use some dry verge caps? My question being are they flexible enough to fit snugly over the feather edge - or would I be better making a batten just under the roofline, and allowing the dry verge to attach to that?

Re-doing the whole roof isn't really an option at the moment, combination of dosh, and too many other projects!

nq76yv.jpg

Here's the reason this all became necessary...

zivj2w.jpg

As I say - this is only really to last for 5 years or so - as I've got a timber framed garden room planned for the space... but any help gratefully received!

Cheers,

Associate
OP
Cheers all.

Some good ideas!! I’ve bought some lead free flashing tape 300mm wide and some primer - but I think the plastic angle stuff might be another way to go-or a combination of the two!!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom