Fed up with rubbish superhub 3. Spec me a reasonably priced router to go with it please!

Soldato
Hi all,

My superhub 3 is just too unreliable - it often resets all the settings (port forwarding and what-not) meaning i have to manually put everything in again. Also, the wifi on it is pretty poor.

I gather i can stick it into 'modem mode' and have another wireless router plugged into it. Is this a simple procedure and also, what is a good router to use. It really doesn't need to have many bells and whistles and i'm on a bit of a budget. Only have a 1 bed flat so no need for extreme wifi ranges etc :)

thanks!

Soldato
It really doesn't need to have many bells and whistles and i'm on a bit of a budget. Only have a 1 bed flat so no need for extreme wifi ranges etc :)

ASUS RT-AC86U Wi-Fi AC2900 USB 3.0 Router £152.99

How do we get from a simple spec me a basic router as i’m on a budget to £152.99 with zero justification? From what the op said (and I hate the idea of pushing Asus), an AC1200G is less than half the price and equally capable for the op’s stated needs, heck even the AC53 is likely overkill at 1/3 the price. If the op wants to go over £100 then the Linksys WRT1200AC has the option of going DDWRT at some point or one of the TP Link Archer lines tend to be decent AIO’s.

Soldato
OP
yeah, to be honest folks, i really wasn't looking to spend anywhere near that amount (152.99). I just need stability, good enough wifi for a 1 bed flat and the ability to open ports etc. I'll look into those ones you mentioned Avalon, thanks

Permabanned
How do we get from a simple spec me a basic router as i’m on a budget to £152.99 with zero justification? From what the op said (and I hate the idea of pushing Asus), an AC1200G is less than half the price and equally capable for the op’s stated needs, heck even the AC53 is likely overkill at 1/3 the price. If the op wants to go over £100 then the Linksys WRT1200AC has the option of going DDWRT at some point or one of the TP Link Archer lines tend to be decent AIO’s.

He already has a basic router and isn't happy with it. Perhaps if he's short of money he can phone virgin and ask them to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom